- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/02/2022
- Website: aircompany.com
- Company Address: 187 Lafayette St, New York, 10013, US
About Air CompanyAir Company is a technology, engineering and design company based in New York. We have invented a patented carbon conversion technology that transforms carbon dioxide (CO2) into impurity-free, carbon-negative alcohols and fuels. Through innovation, we seek to demonstrate to the world the limitless potential of carbon technology solutions.
Air Company is a carbon technology and design company based in New York City. Our proprietary technology mimics photosynthesis, utilizing excess carbon dioxide (CO2) and transforming it into impurity-free alcohols that can be used to create ultra-refined consumer products and fuels
Over the next three years, we’re focused on scaling our technology globally to be the leading carbon utilization company on the planet to achieve our CO2 mitigation goals. We will be applying our innovative technology across a multitude of industries, consistently delivering solutions to promote a vital and equitable future.
We are looking for a Director, Talent Acquisition to join our team. This role will report to our Head of People. This person will own and influence talent strategy, optimize the recruiting process, and enable the business to make the best hiring decisions. This position will be based at our HQ in Soho, NYC. Ideal candidates will have experience in Talent Acquisition related to Chemical Engineering and R&D in Science roles. Additional experience within HR and startup is a plus.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Provide strategic recruiting leadership and execution by developing and communicating sourcing strategies to supply talent by understanding the talent market (e.g., where to find particular skills, salary expectations of those with similar skills, etc.
- Align strategy to support the business; ensuring tools and systems are in place to recruit quality candidates; communicate and execute employment value proposition.
- Develop and execute a campus recruitment strategy that provides a continued pipeline and relationship for the future growth of Air Company.
- Advise and facilitate recruiting capabilities partnering with the internal team to evaluate recruiting capabilities
- Consult and lead the development of processes, tools and systems to facilitate effectiveness and efficiencies; share market-specific recruiting best practices and industry trends; and share strategies and best practices related to the executive recruitment process.
- Build and maintain partnerships with business leaders to ensure talent acquisition activities meet business needs. Consult on workforce planning to understand talent gaps, potential attrition, recommendations on how to fill talent gaps and increase diversity representation
- Creating plans and events that address business division talent gaps
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- 5+ years experience of full lifecycle recruiting experience with a high-performing company
- Expertise in talent recruiting and understanding how to align talent strategies with business priorities
- Experience in sourcing and placing Field talent, specifically within Engineering and Research & Development
- Has an interest in sustainability, technology, science and cultural progress
- Proven track record of identifying & engaging diverse, qualified talent in the market
- Familiar with leveraging data to inform decision making and influence recruiting strategy
- Proven track record of building rapport with hiring managers and cross-functional partners
- Have the skills to build a passive pipeline quickly and comprehensively
- Experience in building and leading recruiting initiatives, including diversity
- Early stage experience in a high growth startup environment is a plus