- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Operations
- Industry: Venture Capital
- Post Date: 07/08/2022
- Website: jetblueventures.com
- Company Address: 999 Skyway Rd Suite 350, San Carlos, CA, 94070
About JetBlue Technology VenturesJetBlue Technology Ventures invests in and partners with early stage startups improving the future of travel and hospitality.
Each week we round up the most interesting travel technology stories and happenings.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Every decision JetBlue has made throughout the pandemic has been with our safety value front and center. Whether it’s requiring masks, or many of the other health and safety protocols we’ve had to navigate during the pandemic, all of these efforts have been focused on making the workplace and air travel safer for you and our Customers. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all JetBlue employees. New hire employees must be fully vaccinated prior to the start of training.
JetBlue Technology Ventures
The Analyst Operations will report to the Managing Director, Operations and Partnerships at JetBlue Technology Ventures (JTV) and be based at the Silicon Valley JTV office. The Analyst will assist in the relationships with partners of JetBlue Technology Ventures (JTV) including JetBlue, JetBlue subsidiaries, and others in the ecosystem. The Analyst will help drive implementation of new and innovative technology solutions to meet JetBlue and partners’ strategic needs and maximize JTV investments in the partner ecosystem. The Analyst will support sourcing of startups and coordinate logistics for innovation sprints with JetBlue, as well as other events within the partnership program. This individual may also assist in the general review of potential investment opportunities, support portfolio companies’ needs, and other administrative duties for JetBlue Technology Ventures. The Analyst will assist with due diligence of investments as they relate to the business needs of various partner departments. The Analyst must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and model the JetBlue Technology Ventures values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun.
- Support sourcing of startups for innovation sprints with JetBlue departments as directed by leadership
- Manage logistics of innovation sprints with JetBlue and other JTV partners
- Assist with the validation and collaboration of opportunities and help deploy these technologies and products within JetBlue Airways, as a member of the JTV Operations team
- Help organizations within JetBlue and our partners' structure proof of concept trials with startups and help program manage those POCs when necessary
- Support JTV participation in various travel industry programs
- Support events, marketing efforts, and meetings as needed, including logistics and scheduling
- Support post-investment activities of portfolio companies in partnership with leadership
- Support the identification of JTV investment areas that are relevant to JetBlue’s immediate and future business needs and support the JTV team in sourcing and vetting potential investments, as needed
- Assist partner stakeholders with understanding and validating potential investments
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering, computer science or related field
- Two (2) years’ experience in project management, finance, engineering, computer science, business, innovation, travel and hospitality or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in leading or participating in cross-departmental projects from initial scoping to final implementation
- Experience working in the aviation, hospitality, venture or consulting industries is preferred, but not required
- Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 30%)
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced multi-team environment
- Ability to work to deadlines with quick turnaround and high quality
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal Office Environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes
JetBlue Airways is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.