- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Manufacturing
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/21/2022
- Website: aircompany.com
- Company Address: 187 Lafayette St, New York, 10013, US
About Air CompanyAir Company is a technology, engineering and design company based in New York. We have invented a patented carbon conversion technology that transforms carbon dioxide (CO2) into impurity-free, carbon-negative alcohols and fuels. Through innovation, we seek to demonstrate to the world the limitless potential of carbon technology solutions.
Air Company is a carbon technology and design company based in New York City. Our proprietary technology mimics photosynthesis, utilizing excess carbon dioxide (CO2) and transforming it into impurity-free alcohols that can be used to create ultra-refined consumer products and fuels
Over the next three years, we’re focused on scaling our technology globally to be the leading carbon utilization company on the planet to achieve our CO2 mitigation goals. We will be applying our innovative technology across a multitude of industries, consistently delivering solutions to promote a vital and equitable future.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer in Process Design and Separation Technologies to join our fast-growing team. This role will report to our Director of Engineering. The position will provide technical leadership on engineering flow sheet development, process synthesis and design, focusing on the multi-scale separation technology selection across our pilot, demonstration and commercial plants. This role will be part of our Engineering function, and will work closely with the scientists and engineers on our R&D and plant operations teams. The role will be located at Air Company’s Innovation Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Ideal candidates will have engineering detailed design and development experience with petroleum refining or chemical/petrochemical processing applications with a focus on separation unit operations covering novel (e.g. membranes, reactor-membranes), and traditional technologies (e.g. fractionation towers, phase separator drums, adsorption trains etc.). Candidates should possess a technical acumen for invention and creating separation solutions if required.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Lead and supervise technology development and engineering design for downstream separation applications involving chemical and fuel product recovery.
- Lead process synthesis, simulation and scale up design, equipment selection, process economics for downstream separation application based on upstream carbon dioxide conversion technologies developed by Air Company
- Support scientists and engineers in R&D for separation technology development, as well as, invent/develop new separation technologies
- Partner closely with EPCs to oversee front-end engineering activities and serve as a liaison between Air Company and outside EPCs, clients, vendors on all activities related to separation technologies
- Perform data analysis, presenting findings and recommendations in oral presentation and/or written reports
- Manage projects within cost, time quality and process safety constraints
- Ensure compliance with relevant engineering design standards/guidelines, as well as, environmental, health and safety regulations..
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Chemical or Petroleum Engineering
- 10-year industrial working experience (less work experience required for applicants with advanced degrees in Chemical Engineering)
- Work experience as a commercial-scale process unit engineer, process design engineer, separations process development engineer is required within any of the following industries: petroleum refining, petrochemical processing, chemical processing, renewable energy, bio-energy. Work experience as a process engineer within a technology development or EPC company is preferred.
- Strong process simulation modeling skills using tools such as Aspen Plus or HYSYS, is required
- Work experience with the detailed design, development and downselection of equipment is preferred
- Work experience with process economics is preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) credentials are preferred
- A strong knowledge and commitment to personal and process safety protocols is desired
- Great attitude with an ability to work collaboratively, proactively and independently along with an eagerness to share knowledge and learn from others
- Team player with a strong passion for fostering a safe collaborative work environment