- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/21/2022
- Website: aircompany.com
- Company Address: 187 Lafayette St, New York, 10013, US
About Air CompanyAir Company is a technology, engineering and design company based in New York. We have invented a patented carbon conversion technology that transforms carbon dioxide (CO2) into impurity-free, carbon-negative alcohols and fuels. Through innovation, we seek to demonstrate to the world the limitless potential of carbon technology solutions.
Air Company is a carbon technology and design company based in New York City. Our proprietary technology mimics photosynthesis, utilizing excess carbon dioxide (CO2) and transforming it into impurity-free alcohols that can be used to create ultra-refined consumer products and fuels
Over the next three years, we’re focused on scaling our technology globally to be the leading carbon utilization company on the planet to achieve our CO2 mitigation goals. We will be applying our innovative technology across a multitude of industries, consistently delivering solutions to promote a vital and equitable future.
We are looking for a PR & Communications Director to join our team. This person will report directly to our Chief Executive Officer/Chief Marketing Officer and closely partner with the Marketing Director and Content & Partnerships Manager. This person will be responsible for managing all key external vendors and partnerships as well as supporting the team with business process, communications and culture development. This role is based in Manhattan, New York.
Ideal candidates will have experience in the climate technology/sustainability space and experience working within a startup environment.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Develop and implement an annual integrated communications strategy across all channels to build awareness, elevate our brand and establish Air Company as the leader in a new and rapidly expanding industry
- Establish KPIs for the strategy and measure and report on communications' contribution to marketing initiatives
- Manage and lead external PR agency relationships
- With agency support, drive industry award submissions for the brand, technology, products and thought leaders to broaden awareness
- Ensuring top tier media placements are secured across all relevant publications driven internally or externally
- Adept at synthesizing and communicating the company mission and technical aspects in a way that is understood and captivating
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and the marketing team to identify proactive media opportunities in response to wider business priorities
- Contribute to and help manage internal company communications & engagement
- Track industry trends and news, monitoring for mentions of Air Company, our partners and others in the climate and carbon technology space
- Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline
- 7+ years of experience in communications, public relations or similar
- Experience in sustainability, technology, science, cultural progress, and startup environments is preferred
- Proven history of driving feature press and securing high-impact awards
- Excellent communication, writing and storytelling skills
- Experience managing a PR agency and/or internal communications team
- Early stage experience in a high growth startup environment is a plus