- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Manufacturing
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/21/2022
- Website: aircompany.com
- Company Address: 187 Lafayette St, New York, 10013, US
About Air CompanyAir Company is a technology, engineering and design company based in New York. We have invented a patented carbon conversion technology that transforms carbon dioxide (CO2) into impurity-free, carbon-negative alcohols and fuels. Through innovation, we seek to demonstrate to the world the limitless potential of carbon technology solutions.
Air Company is a carbon technology and design company based in New York City. Our proprietary technology mimics photosynthesis, utilizing excess carbon dioxide (CO2) and transforming it into impurity-free alcohols that can be used to create ultra-refined consumer products and fuels
Over the next three years, we’re focused on scaling our technology globally to be the leading carbon utilization company on the planet to achieve our CO2 mitigation goals. We will be applying our innovative technology across a multitude of industries, consistently delivering solutions to promote a vital and equitable future.
We are looking for a full time Process Operator to join our team. This role will report to our Senior Plant Manager. The position will support the operations team in operating Air Company’s carbon dioxide conversion plant located in Brooklyn, New York.
Ideal candidates will have experience with operating chemical reaction systems or other pressure equipment and must be highly competent in production optimization. Research and development or process improvement experience is a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with gas to liquids operations experience.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Start, stop, control and monitor a fixed bed flow reactor and auxiliary reactor systems. This will involve
- Adjusting, testing and operating pumps, valves, controls and other components of Systems
- Monitoring, recording and interpreting system parameters on Honeywell Experion software
- Operate tertiary electrolyzer and compressor systems for H₂ production
- Contribute to achieve acceptable quality standards and production uptime greater than 90%.
- Obtain data exports and perform various calculations as required.
- Troubleshooting and light repair of process equipment as well as coordinating with third party contractors where required
- Assist with re-engineering and scaling up of Air Company’s reactor technology.
- Coordinate transportation and handling of inbound and outbound hazardous chemicals. These include
- CO2 deliveries
- Outbound ethanol from system
- Bulk lubricants and coolants
- Shift work to maintain a 24/7 continuous operational cycle
- Willing to work flexible extended hours in an industrial environment
- Ability to stand for extended periods on hard surfaces is a must
- Physically able to bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- HS diploma and/or industry specific training/experience required
- Experience in operating or engineering equipment for chemical or petrochemical facilities
- Familiar with safety protocols for handling hazardous chemicals
- Ability to work proactively and independently with an eagerness to learn
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn and use specialized complex software
- Team player with a strong passion for fostering a safe collaborative work environment
- Interest in sustainability, technology, science, cultural progress, and startup environments is a plus