- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/02/2022
- Website: aircompany.com
- Company Address: 187 Lafayette St, New York, 10013, US
About Air CompanyAir Company is a technology, engineering and design company based in New York. We have invented a patented carbon conversion technology that transforms carbon dioxide (CO2) into impurity-free, carbon-negative alcohols and fuels. Through innovation, we seek to demonstrate to the world the limitless potential of carbon technology solutions.
Air Company is a carbon technology and design company based in New York City. Our proprietary technology mimics photosynthesis, utilizing excess carbon dioxide (CO2) and transforming it into impurity-free alcohols that can be used to create ultra-refined consumer products and fuels
Over the next three years, we’re focused on scaling our technology globally to be the leading carbon utilization company on the planet to achieve our CO2 mitigation goals. We will be applying our innovative technology across a multitude of industries, consistently delivering solutions to promote a vital and equitable future.
We are looking for a Finance Analyst to join our team. This role in the interim will report to our Director, Product & Operations and ultimately our Director of Finance. This role will support Air Company’s financial team and wider business as the lead financial analyst in order to provide accurate forecasting and reporting.
Ideal candidates will have experience in financial modeling for both internal forecasting as well as for external fundraising efforts. This person will work to increase the company’s efficiency and profitability by assisting with the formulation of both the medium and long term financial plan.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Develop, manage and maintain Air Company’s financial models with support from the Finance Director.
- Regularly cross collaborate with other departments to ensure forecasts remain relevant and up-to-date. Other departments include but are not limited to R&D, Engineering, Operations, Product, Sales, Marketing, People.
- Ensure Air Company’s financial models are always aligned with management’s strategy and are ready to be presented to external stakeholders and investors at all times.
- Create presentations and analysis to support with fundraising, board meetings and similar.
- Create actionable insights informing strategy and growth
- Structure and implement quarterly and annual market opportunity analysis
- Identify issues/opportunities, and make recommendations to improve reporting and FP&A as well as continue to improve data hygiene
- Conduct due diligence on future opportunities
- Partner with founders and C-Suite to complete ad hoc strategic, financial, and operational analyses
- Ensure the integrity of analysis, reporting, metrics, and systems are of the highest quality
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (Finance, Accounting, Business)
- 1-3 years of Finance experience
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills with familiarity of financial statement analysis and accounting
- Experience with data visualization tools a plus
- Team player, extremely organized, attention to detail, and strong ability to multitask across various workflows
- Effective communicator and comfortable presenting in front of c-suite and top levels of management
- Data-driven, results-producing mindset and approach
- Solution oriented, passion for developing and implementing solutions