- Job Type: Intern
- Function: Intern
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/24/2022
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.travelstride.com
- Company Address: 28 2nd St, San Francisco, CA, 94105
About TravelstrideTravelstride is the most comprehensive search engine and reviews platform for professionally planned vacations and trip planners - the Airbnb or Houzz of the category.
Travelstride is an investor-backed startup, changing the way travelers find their perfect trip. We are the #1 US search engine and reviews site for all experiential expert-planned trips - multi day tours, adventure travel packages, safaris, small ship and river cruises, and tailor-made trips.
Travelstride offers the most comprehensive variety of trips on every continent from over 1,000 leading and local tour operators and trip planners. With real traveler reviews, simple search and comparison tools and rich destination guides, travelers can quickly and easily find their perfect trip with confidence.
Our leadership consists of travel industry and e-commerce veterans based in downtown Austin with staff spanning the globe.
The Marketing and Community Management intern will be responsible for building and managing a community of dedicated Travelstride users through various marketing channels including, but not limited to, email and social media. Intern will use these channels to engage with current Travelstride users as well as develop and foster relationships with potential fans and promoters such as bloggers, media, and tour operators. They will also contribute to Travelstride's content, writing search engine optimized blog posts and other travel related articles as well as using video content.
Reporting to: Content Marketing Manager (and work significantly with company's CEO, Product Manager, and Designer)
• Full/part-time student currently enrolled in Bachelor degree program or recent graduate with Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
• Strong written English communication skills - this is a must!
• Some international travel experience and/or a passion for the travel industry
• High level of interest in and/or experience with building and maintaining an online community
• Familiarity with Hootsuite scheduling and all major social media platforms strongly preferred
• Familiarity with Mailchimp preferred but not required
• Quick learner, creative thinker, highly organized, entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
• Proactively suggest and conduct strategic experiments to enhance community behavior and features on Travelstride platform
• Create, distribute, and share content on major social media platforms. Expand our social reach through various campaigns.
• Engage on social media with our followers, partners, and influencers. Uncover creative ways to build the Travelstride user fanbase.
• Design and send targeted marketing and community engagement emails to our subscribers.
• Strategize and implement ways to increase UGC (user generated content) such as trip and tour company reviews, photos, & videos.
• Collaborate with other travel industry brands as part of community engagement and partnership efforts.
• Write blog posts about travel-related news, promotions, and tips for travelers.
• Experiment! Want to test starting a podcast? Video campaign? Let's try it!
What you will learn and accomplish
Successful candidates will learn the best practices, techniques, and skills needed to build a community of engaged users or “true fans” through the channels of email and social media. You will learn how to develop campaigns for social media and communicate qualitative results from your efforts. He/she will also learn to conduct keyword research, and utilize analytics tools for a better understanding of how content is performing in search engines.
You will learn to craft content designed to attract and engage target audiences using proven SEO tactics. This internship is ideal for a candidate who wants to develop the skills necessary for a social media or content marketing career in the e-commerce industry.
We are somewhat flexible on start and end dates as we realize that schools are on different schedules. Preference will be given to full-time candidates who commit to a 40-hour week for 6 months.
For all internships we require a 6 month commitment.
Why? We know its longer than many internships. This is important as it allows us to train you and staff you on real projects that have a meaningful business impact where you can learn the most real-world skills. Also, as a small startup, if an intern were to leave early mid-project it is very disruptive and detrimental to other team members. In some exceptional cases we accept candidates who commit to work 40 hours during half the period (e.g. summer) and do the rest half time while taking classes concurrently.
Travelstride works with you to attain course credit when your University supports internships for credit.
Additionally, the successful applicant will acquire new & useful skills and have the opportunity to truly influence the direction of an early stage startup.
This position is based in Austin, TX
(Note: we are currently working remotely! Candidates who are not based in Austin may apply)
- Travel Credits: $4,000 if successfully complete full 6 months
We Also Offer
- An open, collaborative and conveniently located office at an awesome dog-friendly co-working space in downtown Austin, TX
- Regular company lunches plus quarterly team outings & parties
- The chance to be an early contributor at a growing startup & work directly with the Content Marketing Manager and Co-founders
- Exceptional performers may be offered full-time paid positions after internship completion