- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 01/11/2022
- Website: www.hydrogen.aero
- Company Address: , Los Angeles, CA
About Universal HydrogenUniversal Hydrogen is making carbon-free aviation a reality.
We are seeking a Marketing & Comms Manager to join our rapidly growing team developing state-of-the-art modular hydrogen capsule technology and a fuel cell-electric powertrain for the world’s first zero-emissions regional airliner. You will be working with all the teams including engineering, program, and supplier teams that are rapidly iterating the design and testing of a leading-edge hydrogen powertrain for aircraft. You will play a pivotal role in overseeing and driving all marketing activities for not only the products but Universal Hydrogen itself.
About the Role
- Collaborate with the executive team to uncover insights and develop marketing/branding strategies for UH2, its vision, and products.
- Establish a short-, mid-and long-term marketing and communications strategy to reshape the awareness, perception, and association of UH2.
- Curate digital marketing and direct content creation to bring greater visibility to the UH2 brand and its products via Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, email, and other channels.
- Expand partnerships with social media influencers to increase the company’s reach, credibility, and strength.
- Develop and execute tactical marketing communications plans and activities including events, major airshows, sponsorships, brochures, swag, and advertising.
- Measuring the impact of marketing efforts and fine-tuning the strategy to gain further traction.
- Collaborate with the strategy, sales, and product management team to develop go-to-market strategies.
- Curate a smooth and exceptional customer experience end to end to build loyalty.
- Plan and spearhead marketing events as well as other campaigns to strengthen public relations and the company's presence where it matters the most.
- Build, grow, and oversee the marketing communications department, including the management of external agencies.
- Develop an annual marketing budget, keeping track of resource needs for short, mid, and long-term objectives.
- Support communication and be a wordsmith to impact the overall brand image of the company and direction.
- Substantial experience working within the aerospace industry particularly focused on marketing communications.
- Strong leadership skills coupled with the professionalism and composure to thrive under pressure.
- Successful track record in driving positive change.
- An eye for innovation, creativity, and willingness to test unchartered territories for disruption.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A healthy level of diplomacy and discretion while dealing with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and also act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, JetBlue, Toyota, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2025.
We strive for a culture that is empowered, collaborative, open, and human-centered. We are driven by a sense of urgency to address climate change through the near-term decarbonization of commercial aviation. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize for their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and flexible work policy reflects this. However, because we are building physical products, most roles will require working at our facility at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles most of the time.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes cash bonuses and significant equity participation for all salaried employees, employer-paid health insurance coverage, generous parental leave, a pet-friendly headquarters located at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles, and generous paid time off. As a young company, we are actively working to expand the benefits we provide—including childcare, retirement, parental, and mental health benefits—and we’re always open to feedback on what’s most important to you.
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want to give you the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. We value diversity in all its forms, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.
Please note that for the health and safety of our employees, we require all employees to provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations as recommended by the CDC (or a valid exemption).