- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 01/11/2022
- Website: www.hydrogen.aero
- Company Address: , Los Angeles, CA
About Universal HydrogenUniversal Hydrogen is making carbon-free aviation a reality.
Here at Universal Hydrogen we are looking for a passionate recruiter that isn’t afraid of a fast paced environment. For this opportunity you should have a process improvement mindset and enjoy the hectic work style of a full-cycle recruitment desk. We are looking for a decisive, driven person who has a knack for recognizing top talent at all levels for our growing organization. You will have the opportunity to own your process from start to finish and be the face of Universal Hydrogen for all prospective talent. Universal Hydrogen’s mission is simple: we are trying to change the world with carbon free aviation, and we need you to help us do it!
About the Role
- Collaborate with the Head of Talent Acquisition on full-cycle recruiting, managing a minimum load of 5 requisitions concurrently
- Actively source and create a pipeline of qualified candidates for current and future roles
- Help create eye-catching job descriptions for all departments
- Assess potential applicants for their relevant knowledge, experience, training, skills, aptitudes, and soft skills
- Manage multiple schedules and coordinate in-person and virtual interviews
- Keep organized and detailed notes in ATS to help support accurate reporting data
- Assist with building out recruitment process to improve hiring practices
- Some experience experience running a full-cycle recruiting desk, either in-house or at a staffing agency
- Experience recruiting in engineering, aerospace, or manufacturing preferred
- Intermediate skills with an ATS (Greenhouse would be a plus)
- Strong persuasive and negotiating skills, as well as a passion for turning passive candidates into active candidates
- Participated or performed intake meetings for new positions with hiring managers
- Experience with recruiting sourcing tools such has LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and Handshake
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, Tencent, Toyota, GE, JetBlue, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2025.
We strive for a workplace that is open, friendly, and fun, while valuing focus, urgency, camaraderie, and maverick behavior in accomplishing our mission. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and flexible work policy reflect this. However, because we are building physical products, most roles will require working at our facility at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles or at Toulouse-Blagnac Airport in Toulouse most of the time.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes a significant variable pay component in the cash compensation and equity participation for all employees, employer-paid health insurance coverage, generous parental leave, dog-friendly offices, daily catered lunch (and healthy snacks), and unlimited paid time off (along with a mandatory end-of-year company shutdown). As a young company, we are continually expanding our benefits, striving to provide our employees with the support they need to be their best both in and outside of the office. In the next few months, we are rolling out a 401(k) plan with company matching contributions and company-sponsored flight training to get your private pilot’s license.
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want you to have the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. We value diversity in all its forms and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.
Please note that for the health and safety of our employees, we require all employees to provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations as recommended by the CDC (or a valid exemption).