- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/23/2021
- Website: Tomorrow.io
- Company Address: 25 Dorchester Ave, Boston, MA, 02127, US
About Tomorrow.ioTomorrow.io is the world's only Weather Intelligence Platform™. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including the NFL, Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
tomorrow.io’s Space & Sensors team is responsible for the development of unique RF-based sensing systems, such as radar and sonar, from architecture through implementation. The team is also responsible for the development of corresponding spacecraft and constellations in support of Tomorrow.io’s Operation Tomorrow Space, which will collect data to be integrated seamlessly into our existing forecasting and modeling systems, revolutionizing global weather intelligence.
We’re looking for a RF Test Engineer to develop, execute, and document tests of complex hardware systems; grow/enable the hardware test capabilities of Tomorrow.io; and ultimately validate systems for operational deployment across underwater, airborne, and in-space environments.
What you’ll do:
- Design and document test plans, procedures, protocols and scripts to assess/verify performance of digital, analog and RF hardware, subsystems and systems.
- Implement and/or oversee test plans and analyze and document test results.
- Provide feedback, recommendations, and design modifications to overcome design limitations and improve performance and testing.
- Setup and build testing fixtures and apparatus.
- Track and document problems and results.
- Oversee laboratory technicians and staff, as well as tracking laboratory equipment calibration and supplies.
And...you will get to work with the best people you’ve ever worked with. We promise!
What you'll bring:
- B.S. degree in electrical/computer engineering or similar field.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency with scripting languages, such as Python, especially as they apply to control and automation of test equipment.
- Experience with data analysis as it applies to performance testing.
- Experience working with test equipment including, but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power meters and noise figure meters.
- Experience with specifications of custom test equipment: breakout boxes, level translators, custom harnesses.
- Experience in developing and following test procedures.
- Experience in working with Linux operating system.
- Excellent time-management and communication skills.
- Experience with Environmental Test.
- RF Experience.
If you have reached this point and you are super excited but not sure you check all the boxes - we still want to speak with you! Your passion is priceless. Other things can be learned.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States lawfully must be provided.
Location: Being based in Bourne, MA is required for this role.
Tomorrow.io is the world’s leading Weather Intelligence Platform™. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency.
Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
How we roll: We work in an “one office” environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.