- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/23/2021
- Website: Tomorrow.io
- Company Address: 25 Dorchester Ave, Boston, MA, 02127, US
About Tomorrow.ioTomorrow.io is the world's only Weather Intelligence Platform™. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including the NFL, Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Tomorrow.io’s Space & Sensors team is responsible for the development of unique RF and SONAR sensing systems, from architecture through implementation. The team is especially focused on developing subsystems in support of Tomorrow.io’s Operation Tomorrow Space, which will collect data to be integrated seamlessly into our existing forecasting and modeling systems, revolutionizing global weather intelligence.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer who loves the process of designing and delivering high-quality, reliable, scalable software products that will have a direct impact on Tomorrow.io’s strategic positioning in the market. As a contributor within the ARENA software team, you will play a critical role in the execution of a complex, multidisciplinary system development program. Your
challenges will include high-availability, interprocess communication, high data volumes, algorithms, data visualization, and exceptional user experience.
What you’ll do:
● Architect, implement, and test the next generation features of Tomorrow’s ARENA software applications in C++.
● Work closely with a multidisciplinary engineering team to define and implement features to support ARENA software.
● Perform design reviews, code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback.
● Planning and estimation of software tasks.
● Improve your skills by keeping up on latest software tools, techniques and processes
● Contribute to the company’s engineering culture by implementing best engineering practices.
What you bring:
● 8+ years software development experience
● 5+ years C++ experience
● B.S. Engineering, Computer Science or related field
● Proven record of providing reliable, maintainable, sustainable, production-quality code
● Agile Scrum
● Atlassian tool set
● OO Design / Design Patterns
● Run-time code profiling
● Linux Experience
● Algorithm optimization
● Experience working with hardware
● You have a strong ownership of your deliveries. You are accountable for your work, and your work can be trusted.
● Teamwork is natural to you. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Nice to have:
● M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
● Radar familiarity
● User-Interface design
● Unit Test Harness (ie Qt test)
● Static Analysis / Linter tools
● Automated SQA (ie Appium)
● Cross-platform development
● Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines (ie Jenkins)
● Deployment / build server management
● Embedded application development
Proof of United States citizenship or lawful, permanent resident of the United States must be provided
Tomorrow.io is the world’s leading Weather Intelligence Platform™. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency.
Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
How we roll: We work in an “one office” environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.