- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/30/2021
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: flyrlabs.com
- Company Address: 22 Rausch St Suite 2, San Francisco, CA
About FLYRFLYR's FusionRM platform helps some of the world's largest airlines produce a more intelligent way of forecasting price elasticity and demand for seats, ancillary products, and bundled offers. The end result? Continuously optimized, real-time pricing power.
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
We’re looking to onboard a Head of Sales Engineering to join the FLYR crew - someone that is passionate about solving customer outcomes through the application of FLYR’s technology. This person is a coach/player that can attract and develop talented sales engineers to support our Sales Executive and Account Executive colleagues. S/he will use their skills to explain and demonstrate the technical, operational, and strategic benefits of FLYR’s solutions to potential customers and show how the solution solves desired customer outcomes better than alternative products or services. S/he has a demonstrated ability to build systems and processes that align with FLYR’s sales and account management processes while also representing best-in-class sales engineering. The Head of Customer Success will report to FLYR’s VP of Growth.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- The Head of Sales Engineering partners with FLYR’s Sales and Customer Success teams to drive growth through new customer acquisition and existing customer share-of-wallet capture. The role is customer-facing, requiring Subject Matter Expertise for FLYR solutions and customer markets. In this role, one must quickly establish a trusted advisor relationship with FLYR’s external community and internal teams.
- S/he will collaborate with Product, AI Delivery/Implementation, Customer Operations, Senior Leadership, and Marketing teams to help drive world class demo scenarios, solution content and overall solution design, whilst striving to demonstrate the FLYR value proposition to customers throughout. This role will bring customers’ technical and business requirements back to the internal teams to ensure our solutions can be successfully executed and continue to meet our customer’s needs.
- S/he will lead the development of sales engineering processes and “write the playbook” for sales engineering success at FLYR. S/he will manage a global team of FLYR Sales Engineers.
- Our Head of Sales Engineering will lead a team capable of fielding extensive questions related to architecture, implementation, and daily use of FLYR technology. They will prepare and deliver demonstrations and presentations explaining FLYR’s services to customers and prospective customers, and be able to drive all solution related content for Flyr’s responses to RFI/RFPs.
- S/he will ensure a thorough handover of all solution related elements and commitments to delivery teams once a customer has decided to adopt the FLYR platform.
- S/he must gain a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services FLYR provides, and develop a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape.
- S/he will attend industry functions, trade shows and conferences to represent FLYR and provide feedback and information on the marketplace and emerging industry trends.
What should you pack for this trip?
- Minimum 10 years of related technology consulting experience, preferably with airline customers. S/he has a proven track record of supporting customer engagements that result in new technology adoption.
- Successful track record leading high-performing teams
- Strong executive presence; known for building relationships at multiple levels of organization, including with key influencers. Must possess strong financial and business acumen with the ability to identify overall business value resulting from deployment of FLYR technology.
- Ability to quickly become knowledgeable of full range of FLYR’s solution able to discuss overall portfolio at depth. Understands the strengths and weaknesses of the competitive offerings and how to position against.
- Able to lead customer interactions; guide customers as they develop confidence and comfort with FLYR solutions
- Creates meaningful stories and combines ideas in unique ways and makes connections between disparate ideas.; Communicates functional strategy and product roadmap with sufficient detail for teams to utilize; Describes functional area information to leaders.
- Demonstrates effective time management in preparation for conversations/ discovery process.
- Foresees obstacles in the sales cycle and identifies workarounds, leverages resources and is able to rally teammates; Ability to handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing common ground and working through challenges to a positive conclusion
- Develops customer relationships and ensures knowledge of FLYR capabilities are understood; identifies the challenges faced by their customers; presents in a manner that conveys expertise and intuition; Demonstrates strong listening skills; quickly provides answers to customer inquiries when information regarding the customers’ business may not be available.
- Uncovers and articulates critical success factors necessary for the customer to acquire, implement, and utilize a solution; Assists customer in identifying shortcomings, even when they could delay a commercial decision; Articulates a roadmap that provides a high likelihood of the customer realizing expected business benefits and other key stakeholders achieving desired personal success
- Can express opposing views while simultaneously working through disagreements toward clarity, consensus (i.e., comfortable pushing back, saying ‘No’ to colleagues when further review / discussion is justified, particularly, Sales counterparts).
- Unyielding integrity and high ethical standards that embody the fundamental values of FLYR.
- Experience working with or selling into commercial functions at Airlines or Aviation organizations is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or equivalent preferred
Ticket Prices, Frequent FLYR miles and more:
- Equity with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company matching
- Weekly catered lunch and team lunches/outings
- Dog-friendly office environments
- Flexible working (remote eligible)!
- Initial Screen - Active candidates are screened against the criteria listed above
- Introductory Call - A FLYR team member will reach out for an initial call to learn more about each other.
- Hiring Manager Call - The hiring manager will then speak with the candidate further about the role & the candidate’s skills
- Skills Challenge - An opportunity to show off their talents! Candidates are asked to complete a short work prompt that assesses the skills that relate to the role they have applied for.
- Onsite/Virtual Onsite - A series of meetings with the hiring team/team members to finalize our evaluation of each candidate.
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.