- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/12/2021
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: flyrlabs.com
- Company Address: 22 Rausch St Suite 2, San Francisco, CA
About FLYRFLYR's FusionRM platform helps some of the world's largest airlines produce a more intelligent way of forecasting price elasticity and demand for seats, ancillary products, and bundled offers. The end result? Continuously optimized, real-time pricing power.
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our Data Platform group. This position is based in our Krakow office location.
Our Data Platform group is responsible for the software to support data at FLYR. The FLYR Data Platform Group enables access to consistent high-quality data for the rest of our developers and data scientists as they move new software features and ML models into production for our airline customers.
All of FLYR’s software development and data science teams depend on the data models, pipelines, and tools owned by our Data Platform team to bring leading-edge ML-based products to market.
Our Data Platform group manages the processes and tools on our core product data models and evolves our warehouse data model to support FLYR’s product evolution and our growth into new markets.
As a software tools team, the group owns the tools and processes for schema change management and the standardized frameworks for data quality systems and data pipelines used across FLYR. The group owns the tools used by our customer-facing Delivery teams to build customer data pipelines and ingest new customer data.
Our Data Platform group works on mission-critical projects that have an instant meaningful impact on FLYR’s product offerings, and power revenue for the world’s biggest airline brands.
We strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey. Let’s get you on board soon.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- You will develop new product feature capabilities in a robust and scalable data-centric infrastructure using Python, Google BigQuery, Apache Airflow, Apache Beam / Google Dataflow, and Kubernetes.
- You will design and implement production software infrastructure and business-critical tool chains.
- You will develop software frameworks and tools for data model definition and data management.
- You will work in a product-focused scrum team consisting of software engineers and data analysts, delivering against a roadmap managed by a dedicated product owner.
- The team will own and evolve library level and framework code for use in standardizing data pipeline implementations across the organization.
- You will work closely with data warehouse architects and data analysts to design and implement the data model changes, schema management controls, and data quality metrics and test suites needed to support new product features.
- You will build tools used by FLYR’s professional services and Delivery teams in the ingest of new data sources and onboarding of new customers. You will develop software to standardize and automate data source ingest.
- Senior members of the team are expected to collaborate closely with Data Scientists, Product Managers and ML Engineers on teams across FLYR to understand data needs and lead the design and delivery of tools, software, and data models to meet those needs.
What can you bring on this trip?
- Progressive career experience as a software developer in a backend engineering, ML engineering, or data engineering role.
- Quantitative background (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Economics, or other related fields)
- Experienced using Python.
- Ability to communicate complex topics to multiple audiences in order to help create a common roadmap between stakeholders.
- Past engineering experience with data-intensive systems and data-driven products. Experience with data warehouses and data processing frameworks.
- You have knowledge of SQL and confidence in wrangling all types of data in SQL. This is a software development role, not a data analyst role, but you will do data analysis in the investigation of software defects, analysis of performance issues, and the development of test automation.
- Senior staff has experience in the design, development, and support of library code and tools used outside your direct team.
- Senior staff brings significant experience working with the development of ETL systems and cloud-based data management tools.
- Senior staff is expected to be strong communicators and have experience collaborating across multiple teams and external partners.
- Strong technical contributors at FLYR have experience mentoring new members, growing the engineering-excellence culture, and influencing the larger data science and engineering organizations.
What can we offer you?
- Regular employment contract (or B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Work equipment to choose (macOS, monitor, keyboard and mouse)
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.