- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/12/2021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: flyrlabs.com
- Company Address: 22 Rausch St Suite 2, San Francisco, CA
About FLYRFLYR's FusionRM platform helps some of the world's largest airlines produce a more intelligent way of forecasting price elasticity and demand for seats, ancillary products, and bundled offers. The end result? Continuously optimized, real-time pricing power.
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
Our data-driven, the deep-learning-based methodology enables any airline to truly maximize their revenue and accurately forecast outcomes, even under unprecedented conditions such as COVID-19. To achieve this vision, we’re looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our leading-edge, enterprise customer implementation team. This team delights new customers throughout the onboarding process, applying best-in-class AI solutions that revolutionize their revenue operations. The Data Scientist will play a key role in ensuring our customers see rapid time-to-value, applying her or his technical expertise to build, implement and maintain complex and performant models.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- Influence the strategic evolution of our real-time predictive models that will revolutionize revenue operations for the transportation industry.
- Deploy and iterate on scalable practices for model evolution, evaluation, and productization.
- Engage directly with customers through presentations, ad hoc touch-points, Q&A, and explanation of model performance and behaviors.
- Own responsibility for highly technical tasks and ensure successful project execution.
- Collaborate closely with FLYR’s Data Platform team to communicate opportunities for tool improvements and to share learnings and best practices.
What can you bring on this trip?
- Bachelor's degree in applicable quantitative disciplines (computer science, engineering, statistics, math, or similar); graduate degree preferred
- Demonstrable experience as a data scientist building and evaluating models in industry or academia
- Expert Python and SQL skills
- Ability to clearly communicate status, blockers, risks and dependencies to FLYR and customer stakeholders
- Intellectually curious and driven to continually learn and expand your skillset
What can we offer you?
- B2B or Regular employment contract
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Work equipment (macOS, monitor, keyboard and mouse)
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Training budget
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.