- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/12/2021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: flyrlabs.com
- Company Address: 22 Rausch St Suite 2, San Francisco, CA
About FLYRFLYR's FusionRM platform helps some of the world's largest airlines produce a more intelligent way of forecasting price elasticity and demand for seats, ancillary products, and bundled offers. The end result? Continuously optimized, real-time pricing power.
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
Our data-driven, deep-learning-based methodology enables any airline to truly maximize their revenue and accurately forecast outcomes, even under unprecedented conditions such as COVID-19. To achieve this vision, we’re looking for a talented Backend Engineer with solving technical complexities to join our rapidly growing startup in Kraków.
Our Engineering team is responsible for all things data infrastructure — building scalable data flows, crafting service architectures, and bringing leading-edge ML-based products to market.
As a team of engineers, we strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey. Let’s get you on board soon.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- You will work with Architects and engineering leadership to design the Cirrus platform components, in order to disrupt the airline industry's pricing problems.
- You will provide technical leadership to deliver complex features for enterprise line of business applications in Python, Flask, React, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Docker, Kubernetes, and more.
- You will collaborate with Technical Product Owners to feed engineering input into feature definition and define engineering roadmap items.
- You will mentor frontend and backend application developers, and QA automation engineers.
- You will support defining quality standards and engineering processes for building robust and scalable solutions.
What can you bring on this trip?
- Degree and/or advanced domain expertise and successful industry experience in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Economics, or Operation Research.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in full stack software development, preferably designing and implementing web applications in micro service-based architecture using Python and React, including hands on.
- Experience with database design and optimization to build high performance applications. Good knowledge of SQL.
- Strong understanding of design patterns, object oriented or functional programming.
- Experience in creating architecture design documents and analysis of functional requirements.
- Fluent with unit testing and debugging techniques.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience with CI/CD design and development.
- Strong communication skills, sense of ownership and drive.
- Independence, pragmatic approach and attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience with optimizing application performance and solving scalability issues.
- Experience with Big Data, SQL query performance profiling and optimization.
What can we offer you?
- Regular employment contract (or B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Equipment to choose (macOS, monitor, keyboard and mouse)
- Training budget
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.