- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 01/11/2022
- Website: www.hydrogen.aero
- Company Address: , Los Angeles, CA
About Universal HydrogenUniversal Hydrogen is making carbon-free aviation a reality.
Our team is full of dedicated, passionate employees that are on a mission to decarbonize the aviation industry. We are seeking a Sales Director that is inspired by that passion and has a drive for building new business. We are developing a state-of-the-art modular hydrogen capsule technology and a fuel cell-electric powertrain for the world’s first zero-emissions regional airliner that you will have the responsibility to take to market. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead sales and campaign activities for regional airline and OEM customers, be a senior member of the sales team, while working for a company that is putting aviation on a path to meet Paris Agreement emissions goals. Because of our global initiatives and scalability this position has the unique opportunity to be located in one of these three locations: Canada, Toulouse, or at our corporate headquarters in Hawthorne, CA.
About the Role
- Rapidly grow the awareness of our company and project across the regional aviation industry.
- Build deep relationships with decision makers within the customer base, while developing an understanding of the customers needs and requirements.
- Prospecting and hunting new opportunities to effectively hit revenue goals.
- Tracking and measuring all activity to be able to provide best practices and predictors of success.
- Establish and maintain relationships in parallel market verticals.
- Conduct all commercial related activities, including prospecting, qualifying, account planning & development, and negotiation and signing of related sales agreements (LOIs, MOUs, definitive agreements).
- Support management with consistent and high-quality reporting on airline and vehicle OEM activities, and providing input on company direction based on customer priorities.
- Opportunity to grow and advance in a young company that is rapidly expanding.
- Have an established base of customer relationships in the regional and major airline markets, and ideally with key aircraft OEMs.
- In-depth knowledge of the airline industry.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, customer management, and organizational skills.
- Well-versed in aircraft sales and marketing tools and processes, and product knowledge.
- High level of independence with the ability to work in a startup environment.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience in building and growing high performance teams.
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and also act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, JetBlue, Toyota, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2025.
We strive for a culture that is empowered, collaborative, open, and human-centered. We are driven by a sense of urgency to address climate change through the near-term decarbonization of commercial aviation. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize for their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and flexible work policy reflects this. We believe in harnessing the talent and skills of a global workforce, and are rapidly scaling up centers in Los Angeles, California; Toulouse, France; and Canada.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes cash bonuses and significant equity participation for all salaried employees, employer-paid health insurance coverage, generous parental leave, and generous paid time off. As a young company, we are actively working to expand the benefits we provide—including childcare, retirement, parental, and mental health benefits—and we’re always open to feedback on what’s most important to you.
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want to give you the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. We value diversity in all its forms, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.
Please note that for the health and safety of our employees, we require all employees to provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations as recommended by the CDC (or a valid exemption).