- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/12/2021
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: flyrlabs.com
- Company Address: 22 Rausch St Suite 2, San Francisco, CA
About FLYRFLYR's FusionRM platform helps some of the world's largest airlines produce a more intelligent way of forecasting price elasticity and demand for seats, ancillary products, and bundled offers. The end result? Continuously optimized, real-time pricing power.
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
To achieve this vision, we’re looking for a talented Manager of Software Engineering with a background in data intensive software to lead our Data Delivery Tools software team.
Our Data Delivery Tools team works with FLYR’s customer-facing Delivery organization to understand our new customer onboarding process, and build tools to support and automate the data related aspects of our customer onboarding. The team builds tools for customer-facing data analysts and solution engineers to rapidly onboard customers and ingest and transform customer data.
We currently use Google BigQuery as our primary warehouse, Apache Airflow as our orchestration engine, and Apache Beam / Google Dataflow as our workflow engine, with nearly all of our tooling in Python.
As a team of engineers, we strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey. Let’s get you on board soon.
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- Directly supervise a team of 5-8 software engineers. Provide technical mentorship and training, and promote success in their career path at FLYR.
- Lead the development of software frameworks and tools by executing against a product roadmap.
- Build cross-functional relationships with our customer-facing Delivery organization.
- Define processes and build tools to support onboarding and ingest of new data sources.
- Support and coordinate with customer-facing Delivery managers in standardization of practices and processes for data source ingest.
- Coordinate with DevOps on defining infrastructure monitoring requirements and practices for production data pipelines.
- Advocate for and lead process improvement within your team and across our fast-growing engineering organization.
What can you bring on this trip?
- Experienced people leader. Previous experience as an engineering manager leading a high caliber team.
- You must have experience as an engineering manager leading development teams delivering complex software products and tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate status, blockers, risks and dependencies to peer managers and executive stakeholders. Led an engineering team delivering against goals in an Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Experience operating software and data services in production. Must have experience leading software development on a SaaS product or service delivery environment.
- Experience in the development and support of library code or tools used outside your direct team.
- A plus is previous experience managing teams building and operating data transformation pipelines.
- A plus is significant experience working with large scale complicated datasets and experience with data warehouses, ETL automation, BI visualization tools, and cloud-based data management tools.
What we can offer you?
- Equity in Series B startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company matching
- Weekly catered lunch and team lunches/outings
- Dog-friendly office environments
- Flexible working (remote eligible)!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.