- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/12/2021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: flyrlabs.com
- Company Address: 22 Rausch St Suite 2, San Francisco, CA
About FLYRFLYR's FusionRM platform helps some of the world's largest airlines produce a more intelligent way of forecasting price elasticity and demand for seats, ancillary products, and bundled offers. The end result? Continuously optimized, real-time pricing power.
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
To achieve this vision, we’re looking for a talented DevOps manager in our DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure team. Our DevOps team manages mission-critical cloud infrastructure, processes, and systems to ensure our product and engineering teams can deliver a great SaaS experience to our airline customers.
You will lead a cross-border team based in the US and Poland responsible for deployment automation and monitoring of cloud infrastructure for product services and development test environments. We are on a container-based stack (Docker, Kubernetes) and you will be supporting the DevOps needs of our “cloud native” product software development teams.
What will your destination look like?
- Directly supervise a team of DevOps engineering staff in our San Francisco and Krakow Poland office locations. Provide technical mentorship and training, and promote success in their career path at FLYR.
- Partner with Product teams (product owners, engineering leads, and managers) to deliver and operate SaaS experiences for FLYR’s customers.
- Develop best practices and change management policies using Infrastructure-as-Code and CICD tools for all aspects of software deployment and service delivery.
- Collaborate with multiple FLYR stakeholders to execute on a DevOps roadmap for initiatives on data protection and compliance, Cloud cost management, and deployment automation and operational reliability.
- Understand the deployment and infrastructure footprints of product teams. Define deployment processes, infrastructure needs, monitoring requirements, and other operational needs of production services.
- Establish and manage on-call schedules of your direct reports.
- Advocate for and lead process improvement within your team.
What can you bring on this trip?
- Must have previous leadership experience as a technical lead, team lead, or manager.
- Must have previous experience in a DevOps leadership role working with software development teams to deliver and operate SaaS experience to customers.
- Must have technical experience in infrastructure deployment and operations on a public Cloud platform. Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a strong plus.
- Must have technical expertise in CICD practices and tools deployment automation, and Infrastructure as Code. We use Terraform for provisioning and Spinnaker for deployment.
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.