- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 07/21/2021
- Website: seetransparent.com/en
- Company Address: , Madrid, Spain
About TransparentTransparent is the global leader in providing data intelligence for the vacation rental industry.
About The Role:
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Accountant to join our growing Accounting team. Our team builds scalable processes to support Notion's financial reporting and compliance needs. You will be a critical member of the team, helping build and operate a world class month-end close process. You will manage the general ledger, account reconciliations, and provide audit and financial reporting support, focusing on efficiency and quality.
What You'll Achieve:
- You'll design and implement scalable corporate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with US GAAP and other laws/regulations
- You'll develop, implement, and document new accounting policy and provide expertise in recommending enhancements to existing policies
- You'll research and document technical accounting treatment for non-standard transactions
- You'll own the month-end close including month-end journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules (payroll, cash, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, allocations, expenses, intercompany)
- You'll contribute in the financial audit process in preparation and providing of various audit requests and inquiries
- You'll complete monthly variance analysis through understanding the financial data within the greater context of the business
- You'll work closely with various stakeholders within Finance and across the company to identify problems, process gaps and propose reasonable and creative solutions to improve processes including opportunities for automating manual processes or activities within a process
- You'll work closely with the Accounting Manager in general corporate accounting matters and ad hoc projects or requests
Skills and Toolset You'll Need to Bring:
- You have a degree in Accounting (CPA a plus, not required)
- You have 3+ years of working with tech companies in public or private accounting
- You have a strong knowledge of US GAAP; conceptual and practical experience in researching, understanding and communicating technical accounting issues and recommendations
- You have proven experience with developing scalable, efficient and controlled processes
- You are a self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and proactively drive business results
- You have a strong attention to detail, communication, and high degree of analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are organized and execution focused, with an ability to work independently
- You have experience using NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify, Rippling, LetsDeel, or similar accounting softwares
- You have Big 4 auditing or public company experience
- You have experience with a high-growth SaaS company
- You have experience using Notion
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.