- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Venture Capital
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 07/20/2021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: jetblueventures.com
- Company Address: 999 Skyway Rd Suite 350, San Carlos, CA, 94070
About JetBlue Technology VenturesJetBlue Technology Ventures invests in and partners with early stage startups improving the future of travel and hospitality.
Each week we round up the most interesting travel technology stories and happenings.
The Director is responsible for sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, structuring, and closing venture investments for JetBlue Technology Ventures. The Director is a seasoned investment professional and is responsible for leading and mentoring the investment team.
The Director possesses significant venture capital “deal wisdom”, intuition and creativity in sourcing and structuring investments as well a strong network and leverageable relationships in the venture and entrepreneurial communities. The Director reports directly to the President of JetBlue Technology Ventures. The Director must be able to work in a face paced environment, and model the JetBlue Technology Ventures values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun.
- Lead and mentor a team of investment crewmembers and collectively develop investment recommendations in collaboration with the President on target startups within the travel and hospitality sectors
- Develop a strong pipeline of investment opportunities as well as build strong sourcing referral network
- Lead the sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, structuring and closing of venture investments upon approval by the President and investment committee
- Prepare and deliver presentations and associated materials required for approval of potential transactions, investments, report on investment progress
- Be a credible spokesperson for JetBlue Technology Ventures within the venture and entrepreneur communities
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and networks in our areas and industries of interest; top-tier corporate ventures, the start-up community and key academic institutions.
- Maintain broad awareness of travel and hospitality industry and technology market trends, challenges and opportunities
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and the operations team to help provide innovation programming and build relationships with various groups at JetBlue and JetBlue Travel Products
- Work closely with the entire JTV team to facilitate and execute the many tenants of the Portfolio Platform including performing board observer roles, portfolio support and planning, and running events
- Communicate with senior leaders in potential investment companies
- Support investment committee meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- MBA or MS required
- At least seven years of experience as an entrepreneur and/or investment professional
- At least five years of experience at a venture capital, private equity or corporate venture firm, including sourcing, evaluating and negotiating equity transactions
- Excellent written/verbal presentation and listening skills, and the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with executive level professionals
- Experience working operationally and/or strategically with early-stage companies
- Strong financial modeling skills including the ability to analyze and model company financials
- Passion for the entrepreneurial ecosystem and well connected and networked within the venture community
- Available for occasional overnight travel (up to 25%)
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced multi-team environment
- Ability to work to deadlines with quick turnaround
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Supervision Received: Plans and carries out work assignments; resolves most conflicts which arise; coordinates work with others as necessary; interprets policy on own initiative in terms of established objectives. Keeps crewleader informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications
Supervisory Duties: Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of three (3) or more crewmembers; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote crewmembers; does not conduct the same work as crewmembers on a regular basis