- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/30/2021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: flyrlabs.com
- Company Address: 22 Rausch St Suite 2, San Francisco, CA
About FLYRFLYR's FusionRM platform helps some of the world's largest airlines produce a more intelligent way of forecasting price elasticity and demand for seats, ancillary products, and bundled offers. The end result? Continuously optimized, real-time pricing power.
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
What will your destination look like at Flyr?
- As SRE Engineer you will work collaboratively with other DevOps professionals and members of R&D teams to ensure that FLYR’s Cloud-hosted services meet internal and customer SLAs.
- You will respond to incidents and execute on remediation activities to ensure smooth operations.
- You will investigate and analyze incidents related to platform or application stability, and engineer improvements to FLYR’s infrastructure and operations.
- You will participate in a joint effort with application dev teams to provide support and constant improvements to cloud-based environments for FLYR’s data heavy, machine learning based product offering.
- You will be engaged in the implementation and automation of infrastructure and application deployment, delivery, and observability tooling.
- You will work on a roadmap of initiatives to advance all aspects of SaaS platform support.
- You will contribute to the definition and documentation of DevOps and SRE processes.
What you can bring to this trip:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, equivalent experience, or related field required.
- 3+ years of experience working as SRE Engineer with a focus on deployment and support of cloud-native applications services in cloud-based virtualized infrastructure, GCP (Google Cloud Platform) preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in container virtualization technologies and container orchestration tools and mechanisms (Kubernetes preferred).
- Understanding of virtualization and dynamic microservices-based applications and infrastructure components deployment processes (Docker, Helm, Spinnaker).
- Experience in scripting aspects of system administration (Linux command-line tools, bash, python).
- Solid understanding of Cloud infrastructure.
- Solid experience with GCP is preferred, AWS and Azure are a plus.
- Hands-on experience of infrastructure configuration automation and concepts of IAC (Infrastructure As a Code), Terraform is preferred.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of CI/CD in the Kubernetes environment for microservice-based implemented applications, CircleCI is preferred.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
What we can offer you?
- B2B or regular employment contract
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Medical care & Sport card
- Work equipment (macOS, monitor, keyboard)
- Training budget
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.