- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/30/2021
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: flyrlabs.com
- Company Address: 22 Rausch St Suite 2, San Francisco, CA
About FLYRFLYR's FusionRM platform helps some of the world's largest airlines produce a more intelligent way of forecasting price elasticity and demand for seats, ancillary products, and bundled offers. The end result? Continuously optimized, real-time pricing power.
We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
Our ML Platform Engineering team is responsible for software infrastructure for our ML efforts. They work alongside data scientists on the challenges of developing and improving ML models for a production system, including: continuous retraining, version management, validation scoring, backtesting, execution environments for forecasting, prediction on real time inputs, post-processing and delivering the results. We work on solving complex optimization problems on large scale networks, and on the performance engineering of the training and prediction runtimes against large time series datasets.
What will your destination look like?
- You will work on the training, validation, and runtime infrastructure for our ML models and network pricing solvers in order to disrupt the airline industry’s pricing problems.
- You will develop a robust and scalable data-centric infrastructure using Python, Google BigQuery, Apache Beam, Argo and Kubernetes.
- You will be a part of and collaborate with self-organizing Scrum teams composed of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and ML Platform Engineers.
- You will participate in architecture of production software infrastructure and business-critical ML tool chains.
What can you bring on this trip?
- You have the knowledge and successful industry experiences (at least 3 years) in Computer Science, software engineering, cloud computing, ML engineering and scalable data infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge of any modern programming language, preferably Python.
- Knowledge of software design principles and patterns.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Fluent with unit testing and debugging techniques.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Strong communication skills, sense of ownership and drive.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- A desire to develop ML-based products.
What can we offer you?
- Regular employment contract (or B2B)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Work equipment (macOS, monitor, keyboard and mouse)
- Medical care
- Sport card
- Office in the Zabłocie district (and parking space)
- Many more!
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we've shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won't find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.