- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Prod Mgmt/Dev
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/02/2021
- Website: i6.io
- Company Address: Farnborough Airport, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GB, GU14 6XA
About i6.ioi6 specialising in web and mobile application development and systems integration to offer modern, flexible and modular software platforms for the aerospace, defence, utility and transportation markets.
i6 Group is a global, fast growing software business developing software and equipment for the aerospace industry. We have developed the broadest, fully functioned cloud-based solutions next-generation management and mobile platform for aviation fuelling and business aviation and are expanding our operations from the UK across Europe, India, Canada, USA and Australia. We work with the world’s largest airlines including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, JetBlue, Delta, Air Canada and Lufthansa and all the major fuel suppliers at many major airports.
The Company is looking for a committed, energetic, highly detail oriented individual who will work as part of the company’s product development team and implementation projects.
The role will require the individual to use their initiative, take responsibility for ownership of one of our products within our suite of products, be organised and diligent and we will offer an exciting opportunity to join a global, fast growing, innovative company learning from a highly dynamic management team.
You will work as part of one or more product/module teams ensuring that the needs of the business and our numerous customers as well as product strategy is achieved.
Responsibilities will include:
- Define, own and communicate the product vision with the business stakeholders to understand objectives
- Manage product backlog including capturing requirements of product backlog items
- Contribute to planning, execution and review of each sprint in collaboration with the product team to refine and improve the development process
- Develop deep knowledge of the market(s) in which the products are used
- Act as the primary liaison between stakeholders and product team
- Ensure the product is maintained in line with business objectives
- Evaluating the product progress through reviews and iteration ensuring business goals are met
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Previous experience as a product owner in a SME or Startup
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly competent in the understanding of software and technology
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Relevant higher education qualification preferred but not imperative
What is in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to come in, have an immediate impact on the business. You are going to be joining a great team where no one day will be the same. It will also be a great platform for you to learn, develop and hone in on your existing skills. You will be working on business critical and meaningful software, daily.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wider product team and report directly to the Head of Development. If you want to become part of a business that is currently in a super exciting growth period which will naturally open up opportunities for career development as the business grows, then let's talk!
- Remuneration: £ Negotiable on experience/skills
- Flexible working hours / remote working options
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme - 5% company contribution
- Private Health insurance
- Regular team quiz night and games night
- Quarterly social events such as Top Golf, bowling, escape rooms
- Team meals
- Lunchtime Running Club
i6 is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.