- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 06/08/2021
- Website: www.hydrogen.aero
- Company Address: , Los Angeles, CA
About Universal HydrogenUniversal Hydrogen is making carbon-free aviation a reality.
We are seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer (High Voltage Systems) to help design and build a state-of-the-art hydrogen fuel cell powertrain for the world’s first zero emissions regional aircraft. In this role, you will be at the forefront of aviation’s response to climate change, pioneering carbon-free hydrogen as a credible means of propulsion.
About the Role
- Serve as technical authority for electrical system designs/architectures, while fostering innovative and creative design solutions.
- Develop system requirements for electrical systems based on project objectives.
- Design systems with architectures and interfaces that safely and effectively meet requirements.
- Develop, manage and interpret testing for the purpose of risk mitigation.
- Design system-to-system interfaces such as battery management, charging, sensor measurement selection, system safety, etc.
- Support the development and optimization of high voltage system components.
- Coordinate and manage electrical system suppliers in the development, integration, and testing of power generation and distribution systems.
- Provide onsite support during aircraft flight tests for high voltage systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or closely related field) is required. Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience in high-voltage electrical systems, preferably for transportation applications (e.g., automobiles, trains, aircraft).
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: High Voltage Design, Combined HV and LV Design Architecture, DC/DC and AC/DC Power Conversion, Pulse Forming Design, Grounding, Switching and Magnetics.
- Experience creating:
- System specifications, requirements traceability and verification.
- High voltage electrical systems architecture and wiring schematics.
- System safety assessments, failure hazard analysis, and certification test plans.
- Proven proficiency with related test and measurement equipment such as power generation/measurement, signal generators, programmable load devices, spectrum analyzers, electrical and magnetic field probes, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, etc.