- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/02/2021
- Website: i6.io
- Company Address: Farnborough Airport, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GB, GU14 6XA
About i6.ioi6 specialising in web and mobile application development and systems integration to offer modern, flexible and modular software platforms for the aerospace, defence, utility and transportation markets.
i6 Group is a global, fast growing software business developing software and equipment for the aerospace industry. We have developed the broadest, fully functioned cloud-based solutions next-generation management and mobile platform for aviation fuelling and business aviation and are expanding our operations from the UK across Europe, India, Canada, USA and Australia. We work with the world’s largest airlines including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, JetBlue, Delta, Air Canada and Lufthansa and all the major fuel suppliers at many major airports.
The Company is looking for a committed, energetic, highly detail oriented individual who will work as part of the company’s product development team and implementation projects.
The role will require the individual to use their initiative, take responsibility for development tasks as part of the agile team, be organised and diligent and will offer an exciting opportunity to join a global, fast growing, innovative company learning from a highly dynamic management team.
You will work as part of one or more product/module teams ensuring that the needs of the business and our numerous customers as well as product strategy is achieved.
Responsibilities will include:
- Software development to a high-standard as part of the team to complete the agreed outcomes for the sprint.
- Determining and implementing design solutions in response to requirements and user-stories of requested features.
- Estimating the required effort to complete issues as part of the sprint planning
- Supporting on-call support requirements as required (rota based)
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Passionate, accountable and solution focused.
- Strong communicator in both face-to-face and virtual settings.
- Conscientious and able to work diligently on your own initiative
- An interest in aviation and aviation refuelling
- Looking forward to learn and to improve their development knowledge
- Testing conscious, with appetite to learn and ensure code is clean
- Willing to learn approaches to development
- Knowledge of MongoDB
- Knowledge of React
- Experience in the development of mobile applications
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Experience working within the aviation industry.
- Demonstrable experience of JIRA and Confluence.
- Relevant higher education qualification preferred but not imperative
- Be comfortable liaising with customers, users, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Energetic, ambitious and a self-starter
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Highly competent with software and technology
- Excellent at making data-driven decisions
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
What is in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to come in, have an immediate impact on the business. You are going to be joining a great team where no one day will be the same. It will also be a great platform for you to learn, develop and hone in on your existing skills .
You will have the opportunity to work with a wider product team including Senior Developers, Product Owners and Testers. If you want to become part of a business that is currently in a super exciting growth period which will naturally open up opportunities for career development as the business grows, then let's talk!
- Remuneration: £ Negotiable on experience/skills
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme - 5% company contribution
- Regular team quiz night and games night
- Quarterly social events such as Top Golf, bowling, escape rooms
- Team meals
- Lunchtime Running Club