Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate analyst to join our structures engineering team. This role is an exciting position in the team, as it allows for the engineer to interface with many disciplines within the company and assume a major role in the design of the aircraft. Prototypes are designed quickly and efficiently, meaning attention to detail is critical. Applicant is expected to have experience analyzing composite structures, developing load cases, and preparing aircraft certification documents. This position is rewarding, as the engineer will promptly see their designs grow from conception to creation due to the fast pace of Joby Aviation.
- Formulation, analysis, and selection of appropriate structural models
- Static, dynamic, and modal analysis of structural aircraft components such as wings, fuselages, empennage, etc.
- Composite ply stack optimization for weight reduction while maintaining manufacturing constraints
- High-speed impact analysis of composite structures with foreign objects
- Direct communication with mechanical design team
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or another relevant discipline
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Good knowledge of composite laminate theory
- Advanced proficiency in finite element analysis, including nonlinear static and dynamic analysis of composite structures.
- Ability to deliver detailed analysis reports and aircraft certification documents
- Proficiency with CAD
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- 5+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Expert knowledge of Abaqus/CAE, Nastran, Hypermesh, or Ansys
- Experience performing analysis on flight hardware
- Hands on experience working within aircraft certification program
- Excellent understanding of FAR 23 and 27 regulations
- Experience with Dassault Systemes CAD, specifically using the Composite Design Module
Please include a cover letter with your application.