WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
We are looking for a qualified Sr. HR business partner to oversee all Human Resources operations and ensure they are aligned with our business goals. This is both a strategic and operational position spanning all areas of Human Resources management.
YOU are PASSIONATE about contributing to company success through sound HR practices and delivering effective and innovative attraction and retention programs. You can easily focus on our people while consistently attracting qualified candidates to Slice. You believe the employer-employee relationship should be respectful, trusting and of mutual benefit. You want to be a part of making this happen. You are a thinker and a doer. You get the big picture and can execute the details to make it a reality.
- Leading the development of innovative employee programs covering a broad range of functions: compensation, recruiting, rewards & recognition, learning and development, etc.
- Be a key advisor to management and employees
- Identify, track, analyze and report on HR metrics
- Own the recruiting process - developing effective recruiting strategies to working with managers to identify staffing requirements and criteria through to an including interviewing activities.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance to identify an HRIS software that meets our needs and integrates to our accounting system
- Collaborate with Marketing leadership to create an employer brand and develop our employer value proposition
- Stay up-to-date on applicable employment legislation for all jurisdictions in which we operate
- Build your professional network through relationships with other HR professionals, recruiters, educational institutions and other partners
It would be awesome if YOU bring:
- 10+ years related experience in a generalist or business partner type role providing you with broad and deep knowledge in the HR functions.
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources Management or a related field, CHRL designation
- A passion for recruiting and an interviewing style that enables you to effectively screen and evaluate candidates while striving to ensure each candidate leaves Slice with a positive impression
- Demonstrated experience recruiting across all levels of an organization in a variety of disciplines, with a focus on technology and product related positions
- Proven ability to build and gain trust with all levels of management and employees
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of employment legislation in Canada is a must and the proven ability to research in jurisdictions unfamiliar to you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A reputation for being highly ethical and fair