Our DevOps team is critical to ensuring the availability, security and performance of our platform. The team works hand-in-hand with and are considered part of the overall development team. The team develops software tools to support and continually improve our build, deploy and release processes. The team designs, architects and supports the cloud infrastructure that powers all of our applications and services. They effectively create and deploy tools to reduce the effort required to manage, monitor and respond to incidents and requests. The DevOps Specialist will bring a common “platform” perspective to the Slice infrastructure, automating and streamlining our operations and related processes. In this context, you also design, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
YOU are passionate about your work and have a can-do attitude. You are always looking for ways to optimize and improve processes in order to support growth and ensure quality service delivery. You take ownership and deliver on your commitments. You are a collaborator and a communicator and are energized by working with multidisciplinary teams to understand their needs and translate into technical requirements. You quickly learn new technologies, consider yourself a problem solver and appreciate the fast pace and opportunities presented in a startup environment. You are driven by results, working with others, sharing knowledge and ideas and simply getting things done!
- A fascination with technology and the ability and desire to learn principles and skills necessary to be an effective DevOps practitioner.
- A keen interest in learning to design, implement and manage cloud-based technical architectures in a real-world environment; familiarity with AWS would be an asset.
- Knowledge of programming principles and sound familiarity with at least one programming language; experience with Python and/or bash would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system from the perspective of system administration; install, maintain and configure Linux servers.
- Understanding of design concepts and best practices required to build systems with considerations for security, scalability, performance, maintainability, testability, and extensibility.
- Sound knowledge of the scrum/agile development approach and a good understanding of the SDLC.
- Understanding of code development, good design and architectural practices and concepts: reuse, dependency injection, separation of concerns.
- High-level familiarity with the tools and technologies we work with would be an asset — Docker, Terraform, AWS, Jenkins, Graylog, git
- Ability to quickly triage incidents and ensure that priorities are aligned with business objectives.
- Experience evaluating and working with vendors to resolve problems and develop solutions.
- The desire and ability to contribute to unique and elegant design problem resolutions.
- Degree or diploma in computer science or a related discipline or equivalent experience.