An amazing customer service experience can make your day. But a really terrible one can also ruin it. No one likes to be treated like a ticket or case number. But these days, even if companies want to build authentic relationships with their customers, they can’t – their systems don’t enable it. That’s where Gladly comes in. We believe exceptional customer service is about putting people at the center, not cases or tickets, to enable the world's greatest brands treat their customers as people, nurture relationships, and ultimately drive revenue as a result. Consumer companies want to build empathetic relationships with their customers and Gladly provides a platform that empowers companies to have conversations seamlessly across any channel, from text to tweet.
Our Customer Success team is growing and looking for a top-performing Solutions Consultant to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Solutions Consulting, you’ll play a critical role in helping our prospects understand the value of Gladly. You will help support our Sales team by utilizing your deep product knowledge and technical expertise to demonstrate how companies can use and deploy our solution, realize business value, and deliver exceptional customer service.
What you'll do...
- Be a trusted advisor to our customers by understanding their processes, requirements, and challenges. Some also call this conducting discovery, but we call it earning the right to have a conversation.
- Partner closely with our Sales team engaging with prospects and customers and with our engineering, product and design teams.
- Engage customers in business, strategy, and ROI-based discussions to communicate how Gladly can help deliver value by changing the relationship they have with their customers.
- Be an awesome technologist with lots of business acumen, able to draw out root causes to customer concerns, and apply phenomenal problem-solving skills to solve them
- Diagnose the status of a prospect or customer's ability to serve their own customer; credibly and with integrity, sell them on a new way of doing things, and an evolving vision for their future.
- Tell compelling stories that are grounded in technology. These aren't just demos; we want you to paint a vision of what truly customer-centric service looks like!
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs. We have a very special way we do this... you'll see how we make this exciting and creative!
- Travel to meet with our prospects and customers. Some domestic, some international.
- Play an active role in the post-sales phase to ensure ongoing customer success. Come on, we told you customer success was important to us!
- Be the voice of your prospects and customers. We're a startup and we're evolving; you will play an important role in that evolution.
The ideal candidate looks like this:
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, MBA, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Proven track-record of sales engineering or solution consulting experience in a SaaS business, ideally with experience in Customer Service, Support, or CRM platforms
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems, and step into leadership when and where required
- Solid verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven time management skills in a fast-moving startup environment
- Successful track record of tackling technical and security objections
- Enormous initiative in discerning what is right for the prospect or customer, and a staunch advocate for their needs