CLIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST
WE are Slice Labs (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
The Client Service team is key to Slice’s ongoing success. We’re building strong relationships with our customers ensuring they are satisfied with our products and services. Our customer care strategy is essential to Slice’s growth, helping us retain loyal customers and increase levels of repeat business.
This ROLE ensures quality service and support for leads, customers and policyholders, with a key focus on needs identification, technical instruction and problem solving. You will be assisting leads, customers and policyholders with specific questions regarding our insurance products. Specifically the role is responsible for:
- Direct phone-based customer interaction and live chat to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries, both product and technical
- Utilizing appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations
- Placing outgoing phone calls to complete follow-up on customer support requests as necessary
- Monitoring delegated customer support issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Completing other tasks as required to further the goals of the business.
YOU are customer oriented, friendly, courteous and helpful with the ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve customer problems, questions and concerns. You have the ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly, with a high degree of dependability, motivation and flexibility in a constantly changing environment.
It would be awesome if you bring:
- A 2-year college degree or higher, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience, preferably in a call center environment, analyzing and solving customer problems using a phone and a computer
- 2+ years of Property & Casualty insurance industry experience, with knowledge of cyber insurance as an asset but not a prerequisite
- Professional and effective communication skills, this includes but is not limited to grammar, diction and tone of voice, must be able to demonstrate empathy
- Computer navigation and keyboarding skills including the ability to maneuver between multi-screens and use multiple software systems and applications
- The ability to multitask
- Active Ohio Property & Casualty insurance license and Ohio Surplus Lines insurance license (or must attain within 90 days of employment)
Note: You must be able to work a 40 hour weekly schedule Monday through Saturday from 8:00am-8:00pm. Support hours subject to change to meet customer support needs.