WE are Slice Labs Inc. (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our UX Design team is rethinking how insurance protection is purchased and delivered. Making insurance easy to understand for our user base is what gets us up in the morning. We focus on providing delightful and easy experiences for our users. We also help the rest of the organization build empathy for our users. UX design is a critical part of the Slice Labs value proposition, and we are constantly looking to innovate and improve.
This ROLE applies UX design strategies and methodologies across the Slice product suite. You will get to own each feature from start to finish and collaborate with our multidisciplinary team consisting of product, engineering, QA, data science and marketing. You will be designing the best possible experience for our users.
YOU are enthusiastic about the entire UX design lifecycle. You would get the chance to touch upon various points of the process including user research, developing our long term UX strategy, delving into the pixels, and user testing. Ideally, you work well in a collaborative working environment and enjoy working in cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes.
We don’t expect you to have a specific number of years of experience or to have mastered a specific set of design tools to apply. A real passion for learning and continuous improvement is more important to us!
It would be awesome if you bring:
- A user-centric, data-informed approach to UX design.
- Experience contributing in a similar role to several non-trivial projects or products, ideally targeting a range of personas and usage scenarios.
- A portfolio demonstrating the use of a variety of design artifacts and approaches to design, usable, useful, visually appealing experiences that meet business objectives.
- A collaborative style that enables you to effectively work with diverse teams, customers and clients.
- A creative spirit – you can’t help thinking of ways to improve products, strategies, and team processes.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, enabling you to effectively share and iterate on your ideas and designs to achieve shared understanding.
- Empathy for customers with a drive to gain insights and understanding of their product needs.