WE are Slice Labs Inc. (Slice). We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Our Product Management is focused on identifying, conceptualizing and designing modern, high-performance, disruptive and scalable digital insurance solutions. We work in an open, supportive environment that values and promotes innovation and collaboration. The Team works closely with our underwriting, claims, marketing & sales, design, data science, quality assurance and software engineering teams to enable the development and implementation of ground-breaking new insurance products and solutions.
This ROLE is engaged with customers and partners throughout their entire Slice journey with responsibility for handling the many moving pieces – backlog, roadmaps, talking to customers, coordinating multiple teams and gaining buy-in to ensure unity on the product vision. Working collaboratively with stakeholders to maximize product quality and business value is core to success.
YOU can easily transition between strategic and tactical responsibilities and employ a flexible and focused approach to your work. You strive for balance across business value, customer needs , market expectations and user experience. You are a strong collaborator who appreciates diverse ideas, asking questions and finding the value in having multiple inputs.
It would be awesome if you bring:
- Proven ability to effectively identify, analyze, document and communicate market and business requirements
- Success translating customer needs, business scenarios and problems into future product capabilities
- Experience developing and maintaining release plans
- Excellent judgement to effectively prioritize features for development
- A collaborative style that enables you to effectively work with diverse teams, customers and partners
- An innovative spirit – you can’t help thinking of ways to improve products, strategies, processes, etc.
- A pragmatic approach to managing priorities, scope and requirements
- Strong communication skills; listening, written and verbal, seeking to understand and striving to have your ideas and designs effectively communicated and understood
- Track record forming trusting relationships with peers as well as internal and external stakeholders
- At least 5 years experience as a product manager
- Degree or diploma in business, technical or related discipline or relevant combination of education and experience