You will own the demand side of our experiential travel marketplace and grow engaged travelers and revenue with a focus on non-advertising channels, including SEO, Affiliate, Partnerships, and PR.
You will be a key part of an elite team that is passionate about helping travelers experience extraordinary trips across the globe. While Stride is already the #1 US reviews site for multi day tours and adventure packages, we are still at the beginning of our journey and you will have a big impact on our voice, brand, product, and company strategy.
You will be the leader of marketing and demand growth. This strategic position will report to the CEO. We are a lean team, so you will touch all facets of the business, working closely with the Head of Product, CTO, and Operations Director. You will manage a team consisting of a Content Manager, a network of travel expert writers, PR agency, interns, and others as the company grows. You will lead go-to-market planning and execution while driving solutions and content marketing and being responsible for hitting growth targets.
Grow engaged users (travelers) by 10X+ in 12 months, through primarily organic (non-advertising) channels.
Grow retention, LTV, and user engagement by 3X+ in 12 months
Improve ROI of time and money spent on all growth activities
Find the right type of customer in clever and high ROI ways
Improve engagement features, messaging and acquisition tactics by listening and interpreting customer feedback with the Product team.
Your Core Responsibilities:
- SEO - drive content creation and acquire backlinks, with an analytical approach to opportunity priorities and tactics
- Marketing partnerships - find, negotiate and implement converting rev-share channels
- PR - manage primarily for backlinks, secondarily for industry/investor/hiring branding, and finally for customer traffic
- Branding - Refine and tell our story; draft core messaging and language on site
- Marketing Tactics - Test and optimize marketing tactics for customer acquisition (e.g. online advertising, direct mail, out of home, affiliate) and conversion rate optimization
- User engagement & viral user sharing - implement creative ways to drive adoption
- Affiliate program - lead outreach, manage bloggers and network
- Customer journey and experience - understand and shape the core value prop
- Social media - create our strategy and own it
- Test ROI in small paid search/social/retargeting campaigns
- Competitive analyses and market research - identify industry trends and insights
- Propose creative new projects, from building free tools and apps that attract prospects and convert leads, to testing new approaches, to capturing existing demand
- Future responsibilities will include: Paid Search - SEM, Retargeting, Paid social, Direct mail
Most Relevant Experience for the Role
- Marketing & distribution partnerships (highly emotionally engaging)
- Email marketing - promo, transactional, triggered, automated, drop
- Google Analytics, metrics, reporting
Industry/Product Type expertise:
- Consumer internet
- Large infrequent discretionary purchases
- Defining a new category