Ever gotten bumped from a flight, missed your connection due to a delay or gotten dragged off a plane? We fix that.
We're a B2B2C platform deployed globally that handles everything from deep API integrations to messaging systems to machine learning optimizations and are looking for Fullstack developers to join us to help make life better for both airlines and passengers alike.
Here's some recent news coverage about us and the programs we power: http://volantio.com/press/
Develop features for Volantio's core technology platform in a fast-paced, agile development environment. Also to have fun.
What you'll be doing:
- Work on all elements of the stack from data modeling and backend API's to UI implementation.
- Working with airlines on integrations deep within their systems (in person, if you like!)
- Ensuring the system runs and scales smoothly, with high availability.
What we're looking for in you:
- Proactivity: Resourceful and a positive “can do” attitude; acts without being told what to do.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Is cool with rapidly changing priorities and projects.
- Analytical skills: Likes data and isn't afraid to dig in.
- Communication: You're in a team! We think it's important to talk/plan together so we're all on the same page.
What we use:
- React, TypeScript, MobX
- Python, Django, Celery
- Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Terraform
What you should have:
- Full-stack engineering experience in at least one of the following languages/frameworks: Python, Ruby, Node, Django, Rails, React, Angular, Ember.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, complex web applications (eg, well-designed APIs, asynchronous job queues).
- Experience with web best practices such as unit testing and reusable components.
The Volantio Advantage:
At Volantio, we think our people are awesome, so we like to take care of them. We offer competitive benefits including equity in the company and 100% covered benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k). Our team members enjoy a casual work environment with team lunches, comfortable couches and opportunities to travel.
While perks and benefits are all well and good, the people are actually what make Volantio great. Our team is curious, creative, motivated and idealistic. We believe that enjoying working together is paramount to building great things and awesome people is the only way to get there.