Stride is an investor-backed startup, changing the way travelers find their perfect trip.
We are the #1 US search engine and reviews site for all experiential expert-planned trips - multi day tours, adventure travel packages, safaris, small ship and river cruises, and tailor-made trips. Stride offers the most comprehensive variety of trips on every continent from over 1,000 leading and local tour operators and trip planners. With real traveler reviews, simple search and comparison tools and rich destination guides, travelers can quickly and easily find their perfect trip with confidence.
Stride leadership consists of travel industry and e-commerce veterans based in downtown San Francisco with staff spanning the globe.
The Stride Partner Marketing & SEO intern will play a vital part in growing the company’s brand presence with traditional media outlets, digital influencers and travel bloggers, and other strategic marketing partners.
In addition to tactical outreach projects, the intern will also gain hands on experience working alongside the Co-founders to evolve the company’s overall outreach marketing & PR strategy.
- Full/part-time student currently enrolled in Bachelor degree program or recent graduate with
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- 3-6 months of PR and/or general marketing experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Some international travel experience and/or a passion for the travel industry
- Strong written and verbal communications skills - this is a must!
- An outgoing personality, entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
- Increase visibility and site traffic for Stride using proven SEO tactics, in particular gaining backlinks from highly relevant sites
- Generate positive, consistent brand awareness for the company by engaging with digital travel influencers and potential affiliate partners
- Assist the CEO with high level strategic partnership deals
- Manage day-to-day execution of community building projects to encourage viral growth
- Accurately track all PR & marketing metrics for executive team and investor reports
What you will learn and accomplish
A successful candidate will learn to effectively build relationships and close deals with bloggers and other key partners. In addition he/she will learn how to use powerful CRM tools for tracking purposes and reporting. This internship is ideal for a candidate who wants to develop the skills necessary for a successful marketing career in the e-commerce industry.
We are flexible on start dates as we realize that schools are on different schedules. Preference would be given to full-time candidates who are willing to commit to a 40-hour week. However, for the right candidate, part-time (20 hours per week) with a minimum of 1-2 days per week in our downtown office would be acceptable.
For all internships we require a 6 month commitment.
Stride works with you to attain course credit when your University supports internships for credit. Additionally, the successful applicant will acquire new & useful skills and have the opportunity to truly influence the direction of an early stage startup.
We Also Offer
- An open, collaborative and conveniently located office at an awesome co-working space in
the heart of downetown San Francisco
- Regular company lunches plus quarterly team outings & parties
- The chance to be an early contributor at a growing startup & work directly with the
Co-founders, who have extensive experience & connections in the travel & startup spaces.