Stride is an investor-backed startup, changing the way travelers find their perfect trip. We are the #1 US search engine and reviews site for all experiential expert-planned trips - multi day tours, adventure travel packages, safaris, small ship and river cruises, and tailor-made trips.
Stride offers the most comprehensive variety of trips on every continent from over 1,000 leading and local tour operators and trip planners. With real traveler reviews, simple search and comparison tools and rich destination guides, travelers can quickly and easily find their perfect trip with confidence.
Our leadership consists of travel industry and e-commerce veterans based in downtown San Francisco with staff spanning the globe.
The Social Media & Content intern will be responsible for executing and building upon Stride’s social media strategy, posting regularly across multiple channels and engaging with our followers. They will also contribute to Stride’s content, writing SEO optimized blog posts and other travel related articles.
• Full/part-time student currently enrolled in Bachelor degree program or recent graduate with Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
• Strong written English communication skills - this is a must!
• Some international travel experience and/or a passion for the travel industry
• Familiarity with Hootsuite scheduling and all major social media platforms strongly preferred
• Quick learner, highly organized, entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
• Distribute and share branded content on major social media platforms. Expand our social reach through various campaigns and regular engagement with our followers and partners.
• Assist CEO with recruiting efforts on social media.
• Conduct keyword research, and produce relevant original content related to tours, travel guides & tips, iconic itineraries, and geographical/cultural tips.
• Write blog posts about travel-related news, events, promotions, and tips for travelers.
• Assist the Content Marketing Manager with strategizing on content marketing/messaging to boost our SEO.
What you will learn and accomplish
A successful candidate will learn the best practices, techniques, and skills needed to create effective social content and marketing material. You will learn how to develop social campaigns and communicate qualitative results from your efforts. He/she will also learn to conduct keyword research, and utilize analytics tools for a better understanding of how content is performing in search engines.
You will develop the ability to craft content designed to attract and engage target audiences using proven SEO tactics. This internship is ideal for a candidate who wants to develop the skills necessary for a social media or content marketing career in the e-commerce industry.
We are flexible on start and end dates as we realize that schools are on different schedules. Preference will be given to full-time candidates who are willing to commit to a 40-hour week. However for the right candidate, part time (20 hours per week) with a minimum of 1-2 days per week in our downtown SF office would be acceptable.
For all internships we require a 6 month commitment.
Stride works with you to attain course credit when your University supports internships for credit. Additionally, the successful applicant will acquire new & useful skills and have the opportunity to truly influence the direction of an early stage startup.
We Also Offer
- An open, collaborative and conveniently located office at an awesome dog-friendly co-working space in downtown, San Francisco
- Regular company lunches plus quarterly team outings & parties
- The chance to be an early contributor at a growing startup & work directly with the Content Marketing Manager and Co-founders
- Exceptional performers will be offered full-time paid positions after internship completion