Stride is an investor-backed startup, changing the way travelers find their perfect trip.
We are the #1 US search engine and reviews site for all experiential expert-planned trips - multi day tours, adventure travel packages, safaris, small ship and river cruises, and tailor-made trips. Stride offers the most comprehensive variety of trips on every continent from over 1,000 leading and local tour operators and trip planners. With real traveler reviews, simple search and comparison tools and rich destination guides, travelers can quickly and easily find their perfect trip with confidence.
Stride leadership consists of travel industry and e-commerce veterans based in downtown San Francisco with staff spanning the globe.
We are looking for an energetic go-getter who is passionate about learning the ins and outs of business, startups, and travel. Strong candidates possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. Most importantly, a successful candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and will display resourcefulness and tenacity.
Because this is a unique internship that covers multiple core skill sets in business development, operations and sales, candidates must be able to pick up complex new skills quickly, and multi-task effectively.
This internship is ideal for someone who wants to develop a career in the e-commerce and/or the travel industry and understand how to manage supplier and partner relationships.
- Developing/creating marketing materials to connect with tour operators and other partners
- Conducting online research to learn about new tour operators and present potential strategic partnerships to the CEO
- Generate leads by establishing initial contact with tour operators/partners through email and various social media channels
- Assist with managing new supplier/partner relationships through the onboarding process
- Prioritize and respond to inbound partnership inquiries
What You Will Learn and Accomplish
As our Business Development and Partnerships Intern you will be working and learning directly from the CEO (and Head of Operations) and help influence key decisions and interact directly with prospective external business partners. You will help grow our business while knowing that you are improving the travel planning experience for all of our travelers and setting agreements with other companies for mutual benefit.
This is an all-encompassing internship in which you will learn the inner workings of an early stage e-commerce startup with respect to developing relationships with tour operators, cruise-lines, and business partners while assisting with exciting marketing campaigns.
You will work in a fun office environment with passionate startup travel veterans and accomplished motivated folks new to the industry. Excellent performers will be considered for full time employment. 50% of current full-time employees are in fact former Stride interns.
We are flexible on start and end dates as we realize that schools are on different schedules. Preference will be given to full-time candidates who are willing to commit to a 40-hour week. However, for the right candidate, part time (20 hours per week) with a minimum of 1-2 days per week in our downtown SF office would be acceptable.
For all internships, we require a 6 month commitment.
Stride works with you to attain course credit when your University supports internships for credit.
We Also Offer
- An open, collaborative and conveniently located office at an awesome, dog-friendly co-working space in downtown, San Francisco
- Regular company lunches plus quarterly team outings & parties
- The chance to be an early contributor at a growing startup & work directly with our CEO and Head of Operations
- Exceptional performers will be offered full-time paid positions after internship completion