Stride is an investor-backed startup, changing the way travelers find their perfect trip.
We are the #1 US search engine and reviews site for all experiential trips - multi-day tours, adventure travel packages, and tailor-made trips. Stride offers the most comprehensive variety of trips on every continent from over 1,000 global and local tour operators and trip planners. Stride’s mission is to make active authentic world travel more accessible - to help more people experience more of the world.
Stride leadership consists of travel industry and e-commerce veterans based in downtown San Francisco with staff spanning the globe.
You'll be an important part of a small team with big ambitions: delivering a delightful and engaging product that makes it possible to seamlessly find and book a traveler's perfect adventurous vacation.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience working with established, medium to large sized codebases. You should feel comfortable building new systems, refactoring existing code, writing tests when you spot something that's lacking coverage, and implementing new features quickly.
We are still young, so there's a large opportunity here to steer the direction of the code and the product as it grows. If you think you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- 5+ years in web development
- Obsessed with clean and quality code
- Implementing API and integrating with external services
- Comfortable optimizing SQL queries
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude and empathy
- Deep awareness of cross-browser quirks and responsive design
- A passion for the mobile web and mobile performance
- Enthusiasm for working with designers and product managers
- Grasp of the big picture
- Loves taking full responsibility and ownership over code/features/project
- Passion for excellence
- DevOps experience
- Knowledge of NodeJS and/or Ruby On Rails and/or Django frameworks
- SPA frameworks (React/Angular/Vue)
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Passion for Travel
- Shape the future of a fast-growing startup in an adventurous industry
- Competitive base salary
- Generous equity
- Flexible vacation and an annual stipend for tours and vacation packages
- Spend every day with a team of world-class individuals and achieve personal growth with the company
- Regular company meals plus quarterly team outings & parties
To apply, please send your:
Github and/or your Awesome project
Linkedin or Resume
Your next travel destination