Volantio is a travel-technology start up focused on helping airlines improve their revenues while also providing amazing customer experiences. We’re backed by three of the largest airline VC groups in the world (JetBlue Technology Ventures, IAG Ventures, and Qantas Ventures), and we work with some of the biggest airlines in the world, including Emirates, Qantas, and Alaska Airlines. With a growing customer base in Asia Pacific (APAC), we are adding a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to focus on this region.
The role will be based in either Melbourne or Sydney, Australia, with some travel required.
Our company’s success is built on our customer’s success. If our customers are not successful, and if they don’t fully deploy our products, Volantio will never be successful. The Customer Success Manager serves as the driving force to ensure our customers derive value from Volantio’s platform, and that they understand and quantify the value being driven.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success managing complex accounts and technical product implementations.. The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating autonomously and will thrive in an unstructured environment.
Why work with us?
We are working on some of the hardest challenges out there: Travel is a tough industry, with a huge amount of legacy thinking. We’re looking for someone who will thrive in that environment, and want to take on some of the toughest business challenges.
We care about our people: We don’t just pay lip service to this. We offer benefits such as generous annual leave, equity compensation and a great work environment.
You will be challenged by the people around you, and your role, every day.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be the primary point person to ensure that Volantio’s customers in APAC:
-- Have a great experience working with Volantio
-- Have implemented Volantio’s platform as quickly as possible
-- Are driving the maximum possible value from the platform
-- Understand the value that they are driving
- You will be responsible for every aspect of the lifecycle of a customer – working with them through implementation, launch, ongoing account support, and eventually growing the relationship.
- You will be expected to build strong relationships with our customers and influencing key decision makers to adopt our best practices.
- You will understand the specific goals of our individual customers, and how our platform can help them achieve those goals.
You will closely collaborate with our engineering team and customers on critical priorities, assisting them with the development of product roadmaps and ensuring we manage expectations for our customers. Prior experience working with technical development teams is critical to success in this role.
- You will maintain regular communications (usually weekly) with our customers, providing them with relevant success metrics, and understanding any of their concerns.
- You will be very comfortable performing detailed analysis using SQL, Tableau, and Excel to drive actionable insights for our customers.
- Travel overseas travel to major cities throughout the Asia Pacific region and Australia will be required. We estimate roughly 1-2 week per month.
- Keeping track of potential risks with our individual customers, developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Demonstrated track record of success in complex account management, with multiple stakeholders and large deal sizes.
- Experience driving customer success, with particular focus on the technology space.
- Strong writing and communications skills – there will be a writing evaluation as part of the interview process.
- Intrinsically motivated and proactive – this is a common thread that ties together the entire Volantio team and it is critical to success at our company.
- Flexibility/adaptability. You can adapt to rapidly changing priorities and projects.
- Analytical skills: You like data and aren’t afraid to dig in. An advanced level of Excel knowledge, while experience with Tableau and SQL are a plus.
- Familiarity with (or a strong interest in) the airline/travel industry is desirable.
- Empathy: you are comfortable putting yourself in other people’s shoes and understanding issues and challenges from their perspective.
- Ability to solve problems: You love puzzles, and you love solving problems, particularly ones that can be messy and ambiguous.