Joby Aviation is seeking a motivated Fabricator to join our team in the Santa Cruz Mountains. The Joby team is made up of talented, hardworking, and passionate individuals, operating in a very fast paced and rewarding hands-on environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals who are excited to contribute to the coming revolution in transportation.
- Competent to form, fit, weld, finish, and detail a wide variety of jobs.
- Exercise good judgement and problem-solving, while working with minimal supervision.
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing, job-shop, automotive, or aerospace.
- Perform proper welding and joining techniques on all jobs.
- Have a basic understanding of milling and turning techniques on manual or CNC machines.
-Adhere to shop procedures and safety standards at all times.
- Prior 3G welding certification or above in MIG for steel thicknesses up to ½” and 3G or above in TIG for aluminum up to ¼”. Basic SMAW competency would be beneficial.
- Prior experience welding pressure vessels or watertight components.
- Any aerospace, motor sports, start-up, or prototyping experience.
- Manual milling and turning experience.