Tasks include analysis and testing of aircraft handling qualities, design of control laws, and development of simulation math models. This engineer will perform analysis and evaluation of total air vehicle stability and control characteristics to ensure acceptable handling qualities in compliance with specifications; apply control theory to the design of control laws that achieve desired characteristics for dynamic control response, gust or disturbance rejection, system failure robustness, and loads considerations; develop and validate both linear and nonlinear mathematical models of air vehicle and subsystem dynamics; and will use simulation and flight testing, including planning, data analysis and interpretation of test logs, to define handling qualities.
- B.S. + 3 years of experience, or M.S. in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Knowledge of aircraft flying qualities, flight dynamics, piloting control strategies, and flight control systems
- Proficiency in C/C++ desired
- Proficiency with MATLAB/Simulink desired
- Digital signal processing and controls education and/or experience desired