Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate analyst to join our powertrain engineering team. You will help design the various subsystems and components that power our aircraft. Our prototypes are designed quickly and efficiently, meaning attention to detail is critical. Applicant is expected to have experience analyzing multibody assemblies for durability. This position will be rewarding, as the engineer will promptly see their designs grow from concept to creation due to the fast pace of Joby Aviation.
- Formulation, analysis, and selection of appropriate structural models
- Static, dynamic, and modal analysis of structural components of our powertrain
- Direct communication with mechanical design teams
- Create robust test methodologies in cooperation with validation teams
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or another relevant discipline
- 3+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in finite element analysis, including nonlinear static and dynamic analysis.
- Ability to deliver detailed analysis reports
- Proficiency with CAD
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- Expert knowledge of Abaqus/CAE, Nastran, Hypermesh, or Ansys
- Experience performing analysis on flight hardware
- Experience correlating models with test results
- Experience with CATIA
Please include a cover letter with your application.