Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join the Supply Chain Management team. The position includes responsibility for sourcing, purchasing, and engaging with suppliers around quality, process control, and process certification of sourced products for Joby's production of eVTOL aircraft.
This individual will have overall responsibility to ensure that components can be sourced cost effectively and with the required quality controls in place as is typical in the aviation industry.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with Airframe, Propulsion, and Battery Design Engineering teams to source components required for new product designs
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering and Production teams to ensure sources of supply are reliable and supply quality is maintained to a high standard
- Support product planning, organization, execution, and integration related to aircraft production.
- Participate in planning and discussion of Quality Control relationships with suppliers including developing supplier agreements.
- Negotiate pricing and payment terms with suppliers
- Issue Purchase Orders
- Coordinate with Inventory Management team members regarding inspection processes and inventory management.
- Manage import and export tasks as required.
- Create and coordinate supply chain optimization solutions .
- 5+ years of experience in the Supply Chain realm within the aviation industry
- Ability to use business software efficiently and learn new business software quickly.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written