Manage the accounting and budgeting department, providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all Company activities, including forecast activities, that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the Company's future.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the activities of the Company Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual forward pricing proposals for direct labor rates and indirect overhead and G&A rates annual budgets.
- Develop a standing budget forecasting, tracking, and updating process with the four primary cost center leaders and their direct reports.
- Monitors established internal controls to assure proper compliance.
- Furnishes internal and external financial reports including shareholder reports.
- Develop an accounting department capability to match the growth of the company, including utilization of part and full-time contract and direct employees.
- Manage the activities of the Accounting staff for the complete integration of all accounting issues and services including accurate and timely financial statement production, billing, payables, payroll and. cost distribution, and related reporting and compliance.
- Reviews and analyzes contracts and related invoices.
- Assure company income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of company income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax positions.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company's value.
- Respond to the executive leadership team as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- CPA required
- 15 years’ overall experience with minimum 5 years’ experience in lead financial role with a US public company with US GAAP / IFRS compliance requirements; aerospace experience a plus.
- Expert knowledge of approved accounting practices (A/R, A/P, GL, Invoicing, Inventory) including financial statement information and preparation of financial reports; project accounting and familiarity with financial metrics/KPIs
- Ability to learn and understand business requirements, issues and processes
- Shared Services Accounting system implementation experience
- Extensive program management experience, working with internal and external cross-divisional team members
- Prior experience in project control is highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both senior leaders, and with the board of directors
- Demonstrated ability to define, recruit, manage, engage and develop a high performing team
- Experience in month end close process adhering to established deadlines.
- Thorough working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and other Microsoft Office Applications.
- Spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software).
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 15%
Zunum Aero is an industry leader in hybrid-electric propulsion for aircraft; this position is a unique opportunity to work with a dynamic team of dedicated engineers on the next generation of aircraft propulsion. Zunum offers competitive salary and benefits and is located in beautiful Bothell, Washington.