Joby Aviation is seeking a self-motivated and hard-working Composite Technician II. The role is to aid in the composite tooling, parts fabrication, and structural assembly process for both R&D and production parts while working closely with both engineering and manufacturing teams. The Joby Aviation team is looking to add to our already dynamic team with good people with great skills.
Responsibilities: Working hands-on in a shop environment as a team member on activities including:
- High-performance composite parts fabrication using prepreg carbon materials
- Large-scale bonded and fastened composite assemblies
- Layup and infusion of carbon fiber tools for composite parts
- Assisting in developing new manufacturing processes and technology
- 2+ years in relevant industry
- Perform tooling prep work and hand lay-up of prepreg materials
- Cutting and trimming of composite parts within close tolerances using hand tools ie hand router, hand drill, hand sander
- Knowledge of basic inspection equipment
- Structural bond and fastening of composite assemblies, including surface preparation for bonding
- Able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to become certified to wear a respirator
- Perform all task in a safe and responsible manner
- Maintain work area in a neat, orderly, and organized manner
- Have no known allergies to epoxies or other composites materials
- Must be able to verbally communicate, read and comprehend written and verbal instructions, detailed blueprints and other similar authorized drawings and documents, and be capable of doing basic mathematical calculations.
- Oven, autoclave, laser projection, and automated ply cutting equipment operator experience a plus, but not required