Aviation Software requires comprehensive testing to ensure safety and to meet flight certification standards.
Joby Aviation is searching for an engaged engineer who will develop a regression test environment that will support us to achieve our software certification goals. You will design and build hardware in the loop (HiL) simulations for motor inverters and battery management systems, program a Test interface that will exercise the simulation and add them to our continuous integration system in order to maintain code quality.
You will participate in ground based HiL tests and flight tests, in order to gather data and help Joby gain confidence in the quality of the embedded software and the safety of the vehicle. You will design, execute and maintain test cases, test reports, and supporting documentation for software certification purposes. Candidate is comfortable with electronic hardware, simulation based testing, and Python scripting. Candidate is an energetic, innovative person, expected to support rapid company growth towards our lofty goals. If you love working with new technology, and have passion for innovation and safety, this is the job for you.
- Excellent Python programming proficiency.
- Matlab/ Simulink or similar mathematics tools.
- Background in electrical engineering, motor and battery technology.
- Interfacing with embedded software and electronic hardware
- Hardware in-the-loop system simulations.
- Commonly used software development tools: Git, CLion, JIRA
- Bachelors or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics
- Working with Oscilloscope, logic analyzer, soldering equipment
- Quality Assurance or Test Engineering.
- DO-178C Software Certification
- Agile software development, Unit Testing and Test Driven Development
- Experience with HIL systems like Typhoon-HIL, Opal-RT or similar
- Experience with Automation
- Background in Power Electronics, Motor Control and Battery systems
- Makers Faire, Robotics Project and/or Drone experience
- Piloting aircraft, avionics hardware, electric cars or similar systems.