Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to lead our quality department towards the goal of development, certification and production of eVTOL aircraft. As the Management Representative, this leader will have overall responsibility for development, implementation and maintenance of Joby Aviation’s Quality Management System in compliance with (CFR), Title 14, Part 21, AS9100D and other applicable quality system standards.
· Develops, maintains and enforces the company Quality Management System ensuring standardized processes and procedures are in place which support company strategic and regulatory requirements.
· Establishes efficient quality system process and methods spanning experimental product and process development activity, product certification activity, and rate production. Establishes product quality documentation systems by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
· Ensures that process control documentation is compliant with requirements.
· Maintains an active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
· Serves as the primary interface for regulatory Quality audits.
· Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
· Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
· In-depth knowledge of Aerospace quality systems and compliance including but not limited to AS9100D.
· Must possess good writing, PC and presentation skills.
· Capable of positively interacting in a team environment
· Have strong listening and verbal communication skills
· Have good customer relations/negotiating skills required
· CMM ASQ Certification
· PFMEA experience
· Aerospace manufacturing background in advanced composites, machined parts, aircraft assembly and systems integration.
Bachelor’s in engineering with 8 years of quality experience required. Master’s in engineering with 5 years of experience preferred.